• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:47:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 621
Total: 621

Did Ya See This......

Started by PaulineMi, October 04, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

wsantia1

QuoteWillie...delete the words "interesting" and "looks"  that aren't part of the link but are highlighted.

Thanks Pauline. Now I'm pending.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

David says they're sold out now.....except for his keepers, etc.....and he's not sure when anything else is coming in again....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I am wondering what they sold for?  Anyone know?
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on October 05, 2014, 09:13:22 AM
I am wondering what they sold for?  Anyone know?
Barb

I don't, haven't heard a thing yet.....????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

All the show fish that David brought to NADA were pre sold for vast sums.  I took that news with a grain of salt. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

EdKaz

Do them fishes have nice "hair cuts" or is just me?......(someone musta slipped BAD when they done the dude in the bottom right corner)...or is one of the "qualities" of these fish RANDOM angled dorsal fin tops? Looks like some peak at the front of the dorsal, others at the rear and still others in the middle...SOME ARE STUMPS :o  ???

If they were trimmed ...........WHY?

Ive been culling any fish with twisted up and or drooping dorsals here.... should I have been trimming em up, and selling em at a premium as  Mohawkin Cut TM  angels? ::)

Mugwump

...good point Ed, and a sharp eye indeed..... ;D......looks like an 'Elvis' to me too.....HMMmmm
Jon

LizStreithorst

Sharp eye indeed. Now that it's been pointed out to me I can't imagine I missed it.  I think I see one fish that has a good dorsal, but the fish is blurry in the pic.

EdKaz

Quote...good point Ed, and a sharp eye indeed..... ;D......looks like an 'Elvis' to me too.....HMMmmm

I found this picture of Raiko's here..........http://aquariumbg.com/forum/cihlidi/zelena-skalariya/45/

Is THIS why some of these might be  "trimmed a little at the top"?

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

I'd say that looks like a reason...yeppers....."have a seat in my chair boy....trim???"...
Jon

EdKaz

Hope not........... That would be some DIRTY bs. :(
Theres ARE other pics around the internet with the Bulgarian Captn Hook look. (Most that Ive come across have been the ones with the black fins)

This "minor" detail  will keep me from jumping on the $50-$100 a whack Sealpoint train any time soon.

With a limited number having been imported, and most "already sold" what happens to the lucky ones that get that.... swimming 200mph upriver, blown back dorsal look, when their haircuts grow out some? :o :o

Wheres our community greek speak dude?

How many generations/outcrosses (if any number) might it take to get rid of that obnoxious curve if its genetic?

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on October 05, 2014, 03:39:31 PM
Hope not........... That would be some DIRTY bs. :(
Theres ARE other pics around the internet with the Bulgarian Captn Hook look. (Most that Ive come across have been the ones with the black fins)

This "minor" detail  will keep me from jumping on the $50-$100 a whack Sealpoint train any time soon.

With a limited number having been imported, and most "already sold" what happens to the lucky ones that get that.... swimming 200mph upriver, blown back dorsal look, when their haircuts grow out some? :o :o

Wheres our community greek speak dude?

How many generations/outcrosses (if any number) might it take to get rid of that obnoxious curve if its genetic?

That trait is also caused by too many successive inbred pairings. You'd need an out cross, and that would take a few years just to get the BG back,,,,if it's a gene? Apparently he's done a lot of line breeding?...possibly because the BG doesn't breed true??....and/or it's a one time anomaly that he's capitalizing on....???  in other words, he might be having trouble duplicating the phenotype...
Jon