• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:44:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 620
Total: 620

Did Ya See This......

Started by PaulineMi, October 04, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 04, 2014, 12:24:56 PM
David sure is on a roll!!
http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2014/10/03/bulgarian-green-angelfish-genetics-arrive-in-the-us/

All that 'new' gene talk is way premature.........no crosses or fry counts have been done yet. Even Raiko couldn't/wouldn't supply them......David and crew(that piece was written by David's daughter) are tossing out the hype before anything has been determined....good for business...not so good for reality...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 04, 2014, 02:39:55 PM
http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2014/10/03/bulgarian-green-angelfish-genetics-arrive-in-the-us/

All that 'new' gene talk is way premature.........no crosses or fry counts have been done yet. Even Raiko couldn't/wouldn't supply them......David and crew(that piece was written by David's daughter) are tossing out the hype before anything has been determined....good for business...not so good for reality...

+1
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on October 04, 2014, 02:39:55 PM

Thanks for shining a bright on on the situation :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

I recall when Raiko first posted on TAF II that he had developed the phenotype.  There wasn't a name for it. Someone said it was marked like a seal point cat and that's what it ended up being called...Bulgarian Seal Point.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 04, 2014, 03:36:00 PM
I recall when Raiko first posted on TAF II that he had developed the phenotype.  There wasn't a name for it. Someone said it was marked like a seal point cat and that's what it ended up being called...Bulgarian Seal Point.

Yes, unfortunately  tho...he answered few questions about it. It's a shame that a possibility of something new was met with such silence...availability over here, it seems, ended up depending upon the dollar not the hobby..... if you'll note...every genetic script written describing them has pb/pb....that in itself makes me wonder.....where are just the bg crosses???...I'll be the first to congratulate him if the crosses done bode well for a new gene being found...but right now there's too many unanswered questions,,,,and skullduggery???   to suit me.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Raiko has posted some of his findings,with pictures at TAF.
It does look like it is a recessive gene to me,from what i saw.

Raiko said he doen't want to SUBMIT his counts and try to prove the gene for ACCEPTANCE.
Because of what Ken had to deal with on the p/b's.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 04, 2014, 04:03:34 PM

Raiko said he doen't want to SUBMIT his counts and try to prove the gene for ACCEPTANCE.

LOL....well good for him....that I can understand....Ken went through hell for no reason...Raiko could avoid that by opening up with his information. It's been a couple years now, and things would likely have done to support him, and the bg's......
...I'm leaning towards recessive also....but...??
...They just posted a pic of D/+ bg/bg on Facebook...https://www.facebook.com/groups/angelfishbreeders/     ...interesting.......looks a lot like the 'seal point's' that were shown before.....??  as D/D pb/pb bg/bg/.....??.....how about that???....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 04, 2014, 04:25:22 PM

LOL....well good for him....that I can understand....Ken went through hell for no reason...Raiko could avoid that by opening up with his information. It's been a couple years now, and things would likely have done to support him, and the bg's......
...They just posted a pic of D/+ bg/bg on Facebook...https://www.facebook.com/groups/angelfishbreeders/........interesting.......looks a lot like the 'seal point's' that were shown before.....??  as D/D pb/pb bg/bg/.....??.....how about that???....

Hmm.. when I try the link it says page was removed.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 04, 2014, 08:03:58 PM

...They just posted a pic of D/+ bg/bg on Facebook...https://www.facebook.com/groups/angelfishbreeders/........interesting.......looks a lot like the 'seal point's' that were shown before.....??  as D/D pb/pb bg/bg/.....??.....how about that???....

wouldn't surprise me none.....I'm sure it'll all shake out....one way or another...???
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 04, 2014, 08:03:58 PM

Willie...delete the words "interesting" and "looks"  that aren't part of the link but are highlighted.

ghonk

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 04, 2014, 08:34:26 PM
Is this it,says it's a closed group that you can join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/angelfishbreeders

Yeah, some groups are like that....but usually open for viewing anyway....????
Jon

ghonk

Not this one,now i'm PENDING.Sounds like my bank account.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 04, 2014, 08:41:58 PM
Not this one,now i'm PENDING.Sounds like my bank account.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.............geez... 8)
Jon