• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 02:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 699
Total: 700

sloooow day here...

Started by Mugwump, August 01, 2016, 08:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..putz'd, did water changes, moved some adults, split up a spawn among three tanks, ran over and fed Bob's fish....came home, putz'd....went back to Bob's grabbed some angels that he'd promised me...couldn't catch some other fish behind the decorator rocks along the back...oh well, came home and did a short acclimation (we have the same water)...turned them loose...15mins later, they're begging me for food.... |^|...
...back upstairs putz'd....yada yada.....

....back to Bob's tomorrow to try to catch the synodntis that he gave me too.....behind the blasted rock wall..... wfwf.....

Bob and Kathryn, moved to Arkansas back in April...I've been feeding and tending his 180 while the house sells (he needs Ron)...anyway, he says 'you've been caring for them, and most are from you anyway..why don't you just take em back?'....'I'll grab some fry from you when we get the tank moved and set up'.....so why not...he had a good 1200-1300 gallons here before he left...they just finished building a 1500sq ft garage/man cave...if/when the house sells...he'll be back and running again....the 180 was the house show tank....

....a big thank you to my lovely bride who helped me grab the fish.....she'd net and herd towards me, I'd net and herd em towards her.....we gots the system down pat....LOL ...oh, and her on her little kitchen helper stool... huh.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 01, 2016, 08:24:09 PM
..putz'd, did water changes, moved some adults, split up a spawn among three tanks, ran over and fed Bob's fish....came home, putz'd....went back to Bob's grabbed some angels that he'd promised me...couldn't catch some other fish behind the decorator rocks along the back...oh well, came home and did a short acclimation (we have the same water)...turned them loose...15mins later, they're begging me for food.... |^|...
...back upstairs putz'd....yada yada.....

....back to Bob's tomorrow to try to catch the synodntis that he gave me too.....behind the blasted rock wall..... wfwf.....

Bob and Kathryn, moved to Arkansas back in April...I've been feeding and tending his 180 while the house sells (he needs Ron)...anyway, he says 'you've been caring for them, and most are from you anyway..why don't you just take em back?'....'I'll grab some fry from you when we get the tank moved and set up'.....so why not...he had a good 1200-1300 gallons here before he left...they just finished building a 1500sq ft garage/man cave...if/when the house sells...he'll be back and running again....the 180 was the house show tank....

....a big thank you to my lovely bride who helped me grab the fish.....she'd net and herd towards me, I'd net and herd em towards her.....we gots the system down pat....LOL ...oh, and her on her little kitchen helper stool... huh.....

I hope Bob sells soon. It took forever for me to sell my house out there and I took a good hit on it. huh I've made a lot of the money back just on the lower taxes (10K vs. 2.5K) but it was a great house that I miss a lot.

Those syndos are a pain in the but to catch. I still have all 5 I got from you. that is always my cleanest tank. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Yeah they are going to be difficult to get out.....I'm thinking that I'll need to remove the big back rock wall.... wfwf wfwf wfwf

...it'll be an adventure.... 8)....maybe I can trap/catch em in a decorative tank decoration thingy?...I have a little temple that mine like a bunch...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...we got them!!!...just about dismantled the whole tank too..LOL.  5 petricola's,  3 bn, and 1 stinking last cory....

What a fiasco....changed water and reassembled it all...mostly anyway....looks good and won't smell when the house is shown
Jon

wsantia1

Emptied out a 55 and a 29. Did some major culling in the process. huh Now to get those tanks cleaned up good for their future occupants. Koi pair in 29 and come keeper Plats in the 55. The Plats should start pairing off pretty soon. I won't keep more than 10 of them. 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.