• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 08:20:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 721
Total: 721

Does anyone here enjoy cleaning?

Started by LizStreithorst, July 25, 2016, 06:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Some people do.  My mother did.  My SIL, Marth does.  I hate it although I can get into doing the big clean.  I haven't done the big clean  in a long time.  It involves cleaning walls and cabinets with Clorox and moving furniture out side so I can scrub every corner.  I've done it and enjoyed the process but the dang house just gets dirty again.  How dare it! 

I enjoy doing laundry but if I do it a feel that the least it could do for me is put itself away.  I enjoy washing my good cooking stuff by hand, but I still use the dish washer every few weeks for plates and flatware that I've allowed to pile up. 

I did a half assed clean today.  Floor swept then vacuumed.  It clogs up my mopping machine if I don't vacuum after I sweep and the vacuum gets full to soon if I don't sweep before I vacuum.  It's the dog hair.  Then I used my lovely mopping machine.

Windows need washing and I'm not in the mood.  The desk in my office is a huge mess.  The fish are perfect but the floor in the fish room is a disgrace.  There are dog prints on the wall under one of my windows.  The doors on some of my cabinets need Cloroxing but they have been worse...I have a bunch of stuff piled up on my dining room table that I have bought but not put away.  I can deal with it because I never eat at the dining room table. 

All I can say is that the place looks good enough to invite someone in.  Marth says that in her experience people who enjoy cooking despise cleaning.  I wonder if it's true.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...cleaning can be rewarding...once you get your tail in gear and get started....Jan and I, still do dishes together every night....some hand washed, some dishwasher loaded...the dishwasher gets emptied by whichever one of us sees it first after it's finished....

...Jan does most the vac'n, I make the bed, and turn it down at night, every day.....Jan feeds the birds and tidies up, dog's too when they were here, I feed the cats and fish.....Jan will clean the bathroom and walls, etc...I do all the wash.......

..by sharing, we have more time for other things.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

....Windows............ughhhhhh......LOL...we need to do them too.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson