• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 01:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 699
Total: 700

Our moving plan - currently - subject to change...! Comments welcome!

Started by Ron Sower, July 12, 2016, 06:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

We're thinking we'll buy a cargo trailer to haul what furniture we take to AZ. We'll pull it with the Burban. We'r going to sell the Equinox before we leave. Once we get there we can keep all the stuff we don't have room for yet in it, keeping it on our second lot avoiding storage fees. When we've decided what we're going to build on, we'll use the furniture for that. The place we bought is furnished, so we can use what's there or sell it.

We're taking furniture because we just bought a bunch at the beginning of this year...! Lot's of foresight there!
Hells bells...back then we didn't have any idea that we'd be moving...! :P

Right now we're trying to figure what size trailer to buy. Once we get thru with it we can sell it down there, so I'm not worried about getting rid of it.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

The moving trip sounds like a nightmare to me.  I've been there and done that but I didn't enjoy it one bit.  It sounds like you don't have fear and that you are working it out.  I'm just glad that it's you and not me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 12, 2016, 08:35:21 PM
The moving trip sounds like a nightmare to me.  I've been there and done that but I didn't enjoy it one bit.  It sounds like you don't have fear and that you are working it out.  I'm just glad that it's you and not me.

Nope...no fear about this at all....Lucy and I are just moving on to another chapter in our life together. Time for a change!  And trust me when I say...that's not a normal thing for me...! It's exciting....kinda like when I moved here to Seattle, not knowing anyone but my wife-to-be, after spending my entire life until then in Roanoke, VA.
....We don't have to do it but we want to.... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I spent some time today searching Craigslist for trailers. We're going to take the day off from painting, sorting & packing and go look at some. I measured all the furniture we plan to take and then positioned it on a scaled footprint of a 7' x 16' enclosed trailer. Looks like that's the right size unless we sell 2 more pieces. IF that's the case then we can get a 14' one.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 13, 2016, 01:32:45 AM
I spent some time today searching Craigslist for trailers. We're going to take the day off from painting, sorting & packing and go look at some. I measured all the furniture we plan to take and then positioned it on a scaled footprint of a 7' x 16' enclosed trailer. Looks like that's the right size unless we sell 2 more pieces. IF that's the case then we can get a 14' one.

.... get the bigger trailer.....best laid plans of moving always end up with needing a bit more room..... |^|.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 13, 2016, 06:53:36 AM

.... get the bigger trailer.....best laid plans of moving always end up with needing a bit more room..... |^|.....

+1
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 13, 2016, 07:26:55 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 13, 2016, 06:53:36 AM

Bought new one 7 x 16 with warranty and all. Right price for us and will pick it up next week after my cousins leave us from their visit here.

+1
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Did I see someone say fear of moving? Heck I would be scared everyday of my life lol.

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on July 14, 2016, 06:28:52 PM
Did I see someone say fear of moving? Heck I would be scared everyday of my life lol.

...LOL...aren't you retired yet ?  huh
Jon