• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 01:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 750
Total: 750

no water

Started by LizStreithorst, July 29, 2013, 11:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Woke up this morning to no water.  Neither do my neighbors have water.  The water company doesn't know why. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

A further concern I'd have would be when the water does come back on will it be contaminated in any way?

Hope your water comes back on real soon.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I'm prepared to flush the pipes.  I have the chemicals to deal with choramines.

It's still not on.  I have 250 gallons of stored water.  The only fish that will be getting WC until this is resolved will be my young Discus.  The rest will have to wait.

Mugwump

That stinks....I hope they find it soon. Sounds like a pumping station issue??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Apparently it started about 5 miles up the road.  They lost water there and it miraculously came back on.  They don't know why and neither do I.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

This is my theory.  Having a theory doesn't make this any easier to deal with...They got this new thing that could detect a leak on the user's end.  Maybe it malfunctioned and thought that there was a huge leak some where and shut that area off?  I don't know and they don't know.  All I know is that it is 2:15 in the afternoon and the water has been off since before 6 and that I am not pleased.  Where is a smart guy like Frank the Plumber when I need him.

LizStreithorst

Came back on around 9 last night.  All is right with the world.

Mugwump

That's good....better check it, to make sure it's up to snuff, tho.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

They won't be adding choramines.  They'll be testing the water for the next 3 days and contact me when it's safe to drink.  I think that I'll just a good pipe flushing and let the fish hope for the best.