• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 04:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

We have a ward

Started by Ron Sower, September 25, 2016, 09:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

A few days after we got here I went across the street to introduce myself to the neighbor there. Never saw anyone coming in or out...so it was time to do that.  As it turned out I knocked on the slider door and and the lady motioned me to come in. She was in PJ's and didn't get out of her easy chair, by which there rested a walker...I introduced myself and she did the same. She's Debbie...It turns out she'd had some pretty serious breast surgery and wasn't getting around much at all.

I told her if she needed anything at all, please let one of us know. Through the next couple weeks I saw a few cars stop there and people going in and leaving. Then a couple days ago one of the ladies that I'd seen stopped and chatted with us a few minutes and asked if we would mind checking in and maybe taking her some food from time to time and she gave us some money for it....later I called out to her sister as she was getting out of her car and she came over and we found out that she's lost 90 lbs since surgery and she wasn't gaining any back.

Miss Lucy and I have taken her dinner to her the last 3 nights since we met and talked with her family. Hey we gotta fix for us. One more isn't any trouble.  The only issueis that she smokes like a chimney and it is tough for either of us to hang around any time at all to visit.....

Anyway, I'm glad we can help.... she can use it.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You're a good man, Ron.  Nothing touches me as much as a kind heart.  I was the friend of the not very nice old lady who died on me.  I was her only friend for reasons I well understand.  Do everything for your lady that you can. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 25, 2016, 10:06:11 PM
You're a good man, Ron.  Nothing touches me as much as a kind heart.  I was the friend of the not very nice old lady who died on me.  I was her only friend for reasons I well understand.  Do everything for your lady that you can.

We will...We've done this for several others at different times in our past.  As soon as I introduced myself to her that first time I thought of you and your late friend. And now you have a new one...right????
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

That's wonderful of you and your wife , Ron. If she's lost that much weight, and can't gain it back...then you surely made your visit to her just in time...please keep us posted on her progress.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Good job, Ron. Make us proud.

BallAquatics

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson