• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 08:15:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 598
Total: 598

Xmas cast of thousands...

Started by Mugwump, December 06, 2014, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...We're having the clan over on Xmas eve day this year, like always... ;D  Great G'ma & G'pa are driving out too...they're in their 80's and still get around pretty good, except for walking real far...the boys and families will make it a lively day.....feeding them all is like watching a swarm of locusts descend upon the table.....really... ;D   LOL..

Anybody else got plans for the Holidays?? 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It's all up in the air around here.  Were not sure when my dad is going to have his surgeries.  Will know more next week. I would imagine that they would want to do them soon. I'm thinking he won't want to be around alot of people after his surgeries.
Scott

LizStreithorst

I have always preferred not to celebrate that day.  I don't consider it depressing or anything.  I just like it better when I treat it as a nice day off.  I don't give gifts and don't expect gifts.  When I want to give a gift I give it regardless of the time of year.  I don't want to be invited as the 5th wheel for a Christmas dinner with friends. 

I'm not a bah humbug, person.  I just choose not to make a big a deal of it as most folks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Christmas eve at mom's
Then christmas day here with my 3 kids and 12 grandkids

wsantia1

I'll be spending a few days with my daughter and the grandkids in NYC.  I only buy gifts for the grandkids mostly, but sometimes I get extra charitable. :o 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I like to give my excess change to the Red Kettle guys outside my Corner Market.  I go there at least 3 times a week and every time I go I give them all my change.  It always amounts to over a buck or two a time, and they are always are appreciative.  It makes me feel that even though it's not much, I'm doing a bit of good.  That feeling is a gift  to myself.  I wish I didn't always do everything differently from how the rest of the world does things.  That's the way it has always been for me ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Bill, my mom and I will have a nice dinner here at home, that I prepare.  Maybe we will take a drive to the beach in the afternoon, as usual for the day.  Hope it isn't too cold.
Barb

Ron Sower

Miss Lucy and I will probably visit with our close friends on Christmas Eve. Maybe go into Seattle to see the stores' decorations and have dinner. Christmas morning we'll go over to our daughter's and granddaughter's home and share gifts, and have homemade cinnamon buns for breakfast. We'll just hang out together thru the day, playing some card and board games, and maybe do a jigsaw puzzle. Then, the coupe-de-gras is dinner with Miss Lucy's prime rib! The best there is this side of the Atlantic Ocean! And then there will be a knock-your-socks-off Jackson Salad. Everything else added to the dinner is just gilding the lily!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Everything is up in the air here. The family has gotten smaller, people have moved, no one wants to travel.....we're all scattered with the closest 100+ miles away.  I'm thinking of grabbing my sister down in the Detroit area and visiting some extravagantly decorated-for-Christmas places. After that we can go up north to visit some of Doug's relatives. Then maybe I'll go visit my BFF down in Ft. Wayne.  Just stretchin' the holidays out for all they're worth.   ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)