• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 07:00:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 608
Total: 609

Packing and tying up loose ends....

Started by Ron Sower, September 25, 2014, 05:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Flying to DC tomorrow then driving on down to see family in Richmond area.  Wondering if Mom will remember me at all. She's in Alzheimer's care (lockdown! ;)). Also will see Sis, Son and Grands, and Uncle. All have moved from our hometown of Roanoke over to the eastern part of the state. I would take the 6 hour round trip over and back to visit one of my old friends in Roanoke, but I cant get his phone to answer or an email response. He's battling cancer and I'm concerned about the worst. I hate this getting old s**t!  :-[

Barb, it looks like it a 4.5hr trip to you from there. That's about 2 hours more than I can take in a drive or I'd love to come see you, your hubby and your fish. That is...if you'd have me!!!  ;D

So if you're not seeing me here much this next week, it ain't cause I don't luv you guys! Got that?  ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Willie's over in that area too.....I don't know just how close tho...???...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

We luv u too... ;D  Have a safe trip.  Hope you can track down your old friend.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2014, 05:46:19 PM

Yes...I think Willie's north of DC and I'm traveling south. But, hmmmm, Maybe I should try to track him down and get those first brownies back from him! Nah...They're probably stale if they even lasted before he got home with them! ;D ;D
Who am I kidding? They didn't make it out of Mug's driveway!!!

Jan's brownies are gooooooood!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Ron,that would be fun to have you visit!  Let us know if you can, I will pm you our phone #.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 25, 2014, 05:52:12 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2014, 05:46:19 PM

Yes...I think Willie's north of DC and I'm traveling south. But, hmmmm, Maybe I should try to track him down and get those first brownies back from him! Nah...They're probably stale if they even lasted before he got home with them! ;D ;D
Who am I kidding? They didn't make it out of Mug's driveway!!!

Jan's brownies are gooooooood!

You are right, they did not make it out of Jon's driveway. ;D ;D ;D In fact the brownie that Jan forced Jon to give me at my last swap did not make to the door on the way out. :o ;D ;D ;D

Jan's brownies are delicious.  ;D ;D ;D

I am 95 miles north of DC. 55 miles north of Baltimore and 40 miles sw of Philly. If you include Wilmington, DE.  I am 16 miles sw from there. How's that for geography. ::) 8) ;D  I am also 135 miles away from my daughter, granddaughter and my great granddaughter in NYC. lol ;D ;D ;D

You are welcome anytime Ron. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

The thing about this place that makes it great is that we all have a deep down kind streak.  I've seen it in close to everyone who has been here for any length of time.  I've seen you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron