• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 10:11:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 607
Total: 607

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

This is not about my dislike of winter.  It's about my dislike of pictures that look real but are not.  It's what my least favorite so called artist, Kinkade does.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2016, 06:48:03 PM
This is not about my dislike of winter.  It's about my dislike of pictures that look real but are not.  It's what my least favorite so called artist, Kinkade does.

....enjoy the pic....screw the artist....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

But I can't!  I have eyes!!!!  Call me a snob, but I know what's good :-[

LizStreithorst

OK, I think I get it.  It's getting close to Christmas.  Normal adults mostly suspend their logical selves and believe in a made up story.  We even make up a Santa story for the kids who aren't old enough to be in to Jesus.  Then we spend a bundle of money.  Then we forget about Jesus until Easter when another made up story comes around. 

Now that I understand what's expected of me I can say,  "What a lovely picture.  Look at all those bright stars on a moon lit night."  You couldn't pay me enough to have it hanging on my wall :P

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2016, 07:48:55 PM
OK, I think I get it.  It's getting close to Christmas.  Normal adults mostly suspend their logical selves and believe in a made up story.  We even make up a Santa story for the kids who aren't old enough to be in to Jesus.  Then we spend a bundle of money.  Then we forget about Jesus until Easter when another made up story comes around. 

Now that I understand what's expected of me I can say,  "What a lovely picture.  Look at all those bright stars on a moon lit night."  You couldn't pay me enough to have it hanging on my wall :P

....it would make a nice dart board... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't hate it that much!  If I had a dart board it would be a life size full length picture of my nemesis.  (If you haven't yet notice, I'm been known to carry a grudge).

BillT

It could be a time exposure on a moon-less night in get the stars well.
I have seen a lot of similar shots to this that are done that way.
I'm kind of interested in trying some star shots.
You usually want to get some landscape in the shot too to make it more interesting.

Or it could be photoshopped together, but that seems like more work to me.

wallace

It might be that, with a fast lens. The stars are moving, so there is a limit to how long you can leave the shutter open before the stars begin to leave streaks. When I was into astrophotography I knew how long that limit was given the focal length, but I have forgotten it all. There are probably websites with calculators now.
Dan

Mugwump

..back in the 50's...I had a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye.....I'd put it on the picnic table, at night, for about 4hrs...pointed up, shutter open.....used to get some great pics.
..thinking about that camera I reminds me of the smell of the flash bulbs when taking pics.... huh

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Rjb3

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2016, 08:10:34 PM
I don't hate it that much!  If I had a dart board it would be a life size full length picture of my nemesis.  (If you haven't yet notice, I'm been known to carry a grudge).

LOL

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon