• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 11:38:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 538
Total: 538

Huge Spawn

Started by Owl307, January 06, 2014, 10:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owl307

okat well i got a huge spawn from my koi pair flame and ember that covers 1/4 of the slate. problem is i didnt see it happen and now that  watching ember is on the completely oppisite side of the tank. hasnt been over there once... watch this go to waste with it not being fertilized... dumb fish. females doing a great job fanning and being protective. guess I'll just have to wait and see :-\
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

After spawning the males are dispatched to guard the territory.....he'll be back over there, if she lets him
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That's awesome, good luck with them. 
Scott

Owl307

thats great :) i was worried since I've never noticed them not near the spawn but during the night he was allowed back and they are both fanning now ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on January 07, 2014, 09:47:34 AM
thats great :) i was worried since I've never noticed them not near the spawn but during the night he was allowed back and they are both fanning now ;D

;D ;D ;D patience grasshopper ;D ;D ;D ;D.....watch it unfold....closely
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Owl307

:-[ im still learning lol, like i mentioned in another post i needa start practicing with the bbs again since its been awhile since ive raised a spawn.  its been over a year actually :o The mom Flame is doing quite well picking off white eggs (4 this morning 2 on the slate now) im quite impressed as i've never had another pair do that ;D they usually just leave the white eggs there  ::)

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on January 07, 2014, 11:25:33 AM
:-[ im still learning lol, like i mentioned in another post i needa start practicing with the bbs again since its been awhile since ive raised a spawn.  its been over a year actually :o The mom Flame is doing quite well picking off white eggs (4 this morning 2 on the slate now) im quite impressed as i've never had another pair do that ;D they usually just leave the white eggs there  ::)

Sounds like a keeper.  ;D....she'll raise em...
Jon