• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 757
Total: 757

Friday.....

Started by Mugwump, January 17, 2014, 05:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Coffee's good...very good this morning.... ;D   Colder than heck, and snow headed in again...What's everyone got on tap for the weekend??? ..not much here, big water changes and tidying up the fish room tomorrow....that'll be the worst weather day anyway....coffee/tunes/tinkering.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Similar plans here for the weekend too.  I want to clean out and reorganize all of the years of fish stuff I've accumulated.  It's all neatly put away but there's just too much of it. Then I stand in the room, look around, and get overwhelmed.    :o

It's getting close to happening though......I can feel it.  Lol.   ::)   ;D ;D

Here's a tune for while you're tinkering:

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

PaulineMi

and another one...............

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

ilroost

Auction bound tomorrow. C.A.F.E. is having the winter auction in Champaign IL.

Mugwump

Thanx, Pauline...'Wishbone Ash' and 'Gypsy' are so under rated....sad
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Hey  ilroost, I'm a member of C.A.F.E.

..... but I doubt if I'll be coming to Champaign IL.  http://www.columbusfishclub.org/CAFE_Convention.php

Dennis

ilroost

ballaquatics, C.a.f.e is champaign area fish enthusiast. 2 fish clubs with the same name. cool.
I belong to 2 different clubs C.A.F.E. IS 15 miles to the east and TRI-COUNTY is 50 miles to the west. There is a new club that started just 20 miles to the north of me. Looks like i will be joining a 3rd club.
I consider myself lucky as hell to have 3 fish clubs so close

BallAquatics

Looks like we are both blessed in that regard.  I'm only a member at CAFE, but I often attend the functions at GCAS (Greater Cincinnati Aquarium Society), and the CCAC (Circle City Aquarium Club - Indianapolis, IN).  Of course the OCA (Ohio Cichlid Association) is always an option too but it's a stretch to run up to Cleveland from here (about 4 hours each way).

Dennis

Barb

My husband and I are leaving on a vacation tomorrow, won't be back here until the 27th or 28th.  You all be good while I am gone, OK?   ;D :o ::)

Barb

PaulineMi

You guys have a great time.  What's the destination?

And you know this is a civilized well behaved group.   ::)

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 17, 2014, 06:21:05 PM
My husband and I are leaving on a vacation tomorrow, won't be back here until the 27th or 28th.  You all be good while I am gone, OK?   ;D :o ::)

Barb

Awesome   ;D...get a good tan !!...and yep, you can count on us to be good ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

Barb

Pauline, we are going on a Caribbean cruise out of Florida.  We drive down there tomorrow and the next day.  I wish all you folks up north in the cold and snow were going too.  Maybe someday we can all do a Mugwump group cruise.  Lots of people have clubs or groups that take a cruise together.  My husband is handicapped and a cruise is an easy way for him to take a trip. He can ride everywhere on his scooter.  Even off the ship in ports of call.  Ships are very accessible to the disabled.  Tell me what all I missed here when I return OK?
Barb

Ron Sower

You and hubby have a great time, kiddo!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

My mother in law and her sister and brother in law are going on what sounds like the same cruise, wonder if its the same ship?

BallAquatics

Have a safe and enjoyable holiday Barb!

Dennis