• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 06:54:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 741
Total: 742

Friday's great coffee...MMMmmm

Started by Mugwump, October 02, 2015, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on October 02, 2015, 04:26:31 PM
Barb, that sucks! I can't stand  thief's.  And to take someone's walker. That's just not right. I hope they find them.

I sure hope so too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on October 02, 2015, 03:39:15 PM
Should be about $25 Liz.  We need to get ours too.

Been an upsetting day for me.  My 91 yr. old mom called me, crying, from WalMart a few hours ago.  She goes shopping there, in a van for the elderly and handicapped to use locally, gives me a break from having to take her shopping, some of the time.  She walks with difficulty, using her walker. 

She went in, got onto an electric scooter the store provides, and put her walker there, where she always does.  When she finished shopping and went to get her walker, some evil person had stolen it.  Can you imagine how scared and alone she was, with no way to get out to the waiting van?  She was terrified.  She called me and fortunately I was home and could go to her aid.  I took her to her drug store where they sell walkers.  It cost her $155 to buy a new one with a little shopping basket she needs to go on it.

I filed a police report so the store can look at all the videos in the store and hope to see who stole it.  They will let me know what they see.  Cameras all over the store and parking lot.  I will let you know.
Barb

I hope they catch the idiot(s).....that totally sucks....a walker....did they think that someone just doesn't need it anymore, all of a sudden...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Barb....what a disgusting thing for a person to do. I hope they find the thief and the story makes your local news. At least humiliate the idiot.

I got my flu shot on Monday and a bone density test yesterday.  My Mom and Dad broke hips and my sister has osteoporosis.  I want to make sure I won't need training wheels on my bike.  ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

QuoteMy Mom and Dad broke hips and my sister has osteoporosis.  I want to make sure I won't need training wheels on my bike.  ;D ;D ;D

If you have osteoporosis, does exercise still strengthen your bones to any extent?
Normally it does. Astronauts (in space, no gravity to work against) loose bone mass unless they do an program of exercise.

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 02, 2015, 07:22:46 PM
Barb....what a disgusting thing for a person to do. I hope they find the thief and the story makes your local news. At least humiliate the idiot.

The really sad thing, Pauline, is that even if identified and exposed to the public, the idiot won't even have a twinge of humiliation. People that do stuff like that do not care anything about others. They only think of themselves.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron