• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:52:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 793
Total: 793

Friday's great coffee...MMMmmm

Started by Mugwump, October 02, 2015, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....what a good cup of coffee....44deg's out this morn'n....might hit 60 today?...

#3 son and wife are having a garage sale today, I think Jan's going out there for a bit....I'll do some water changes and putz....might run out that way later??  ....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....I should have mentioned that I flipped the heat on this morn'n to take the chill off the house.....mostly for the birds...but it did get cool in here last night...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Cold and rainy here. It will be that way for the next few days. Looks like the hurricane will stay out in the ocean but we will still get a lot of rain and wind associated with it. huh

A little putzing, food shopping and maybe house cleaning on tap today (have done little since I hurt my back). ::)

Coffee is great, pot one down but i have to switch brands for pot 2. All out of Maxwell House but I have a big can of Folgers. It will have to do. 8) 8) 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We're on pot #2.....delicious...MMMmmmm.....'good to the last drop'   |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

good morning guys and dolls! Missed yesterday being here yesterday. Not sure what happened. Sometimes things get much busier than I really want them to get.

Cool here too. 60s today with clouds in the morning and clearing in the afternoon. Fall for us is a lot of foggy and cloudy mornings. Some days the fog doesn't lift until late afternoon during this season. Was going to go fishing a bit this morning but I received an offer for a house I have listed and will take it to her this morning instead.

Time for coffee....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..just started pot #3....

Jan drove out to catch the kids garage sale....so I've been doing a load of laundry, putz'n in the fish room......came up a bit ago and started a pot of spaghetti sauce going on the stove......then made a 3# meat loaf, and popped it in the oven too....smells awesome in here.. w!w   

No..we're not having company, that I know of anyway, just fix'n the spaghetti for tomorrow, or Sunday.... huh
We'll have the meat loaf tonight, then meat loaf sandwiches for whenever this weekend..... |^|

Jon

wsantia1

I think I'm on my 5th cup. Went out in this rain and cold and just got back. Needed more coffee to warm the body backup. ::)
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 02, 2015, 12:41:11 PM
I think I'm on my 5th cup. Went out in this rain and cold and just got back. Needed more coffee to warm the body backup. ::)

...get that flu shot yet??
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 02, 2015, 01:04:26 PM

Not yet but I will. I get one every year. I have a Drs. appt. next week if he has some I'll get it there. If not I will go to Walgreens. No charge with my health insurance.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 02, 2015, 02:29:05 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 02, 2015, 01:04:26 PM

Not yet but I will. I get one every year. I have a Drs. appt. next week if he has some I'll get it there. If not I will go to Walgreens. No charge with my health insurance.

Jan and I, got ours at Walgreen's last week......she got the one time pneumonia shot too....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I've never gotten one.  I've always had a very strong immune system and at work I have so little exposure.  But now that I'll be officially old in a month and a half I'm considering getting it.  God knows I don't take care of myself w!w  I'll decide when I ask my local pharmacy what they charge.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Should be about $25 Liz.  We need to get ours too.

Been an upsetting day for me.  My 91 yr. old mom called me, crying, from WalMart a few hours ago.  She goes shopping there, in a van for the elderly and handicapped to use locally, gives me a break from having to take her shopping, some of the time.  She walks with difficulty, using her walker. 

She went in, got onto an electric scooter the store provides, and put her walker there, where she always does.  When she finished shopping and went to get her walker, some evil person had stolen it.  Can you imagine how scared and alone she was, with no way to get out to the waiting van?  She was terrified.  She called me and fortunately I was home and could go to her aid.  I took her to her drug store where they sell walkers.  It cost her $155 to buy a new one with a little shopping basket she needs to go on it.

I filed a police report so the store can look at all the videos in the store and hope to see who stole it.  They will let me know what they see.  Cameras all over the store and parking lot.  I will let you know.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 02, 2015, 03:15:17 PM
I've never gotten one.  I've always had a very strong immune system and at work I have so little exposure.  But now that I'll be officially old in a month and a half I'm considering getting it.  God knows I don't take care of myself w!w  I'll decide when I ask my local pharmacy what they charge.

It'll be free for you Liz, after age 65....Medicare picks up the cost of both.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

In that case I'll wait a month and a half and trust my strong immune system and low exposure until then.  Its gonna take time for me to get used to getting stuff for free.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Barb, that sucks! I can't stand  thief's.  And to take someone's walker. That's just not right. I hope they find them.
Scott