• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 06:37:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 803
Total: 803

I Love Chip

Started by LizStreithorst, September 29, 2015, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He came to my rescue once again.  I was letting out the clutch after I parked at the Dollar store and something went pop and my clutch peddle was suddenly not connected to anything.  It sounded like it had just popped loose.  I looked, but I couldn't see anything.  I walked over to Chips (everything in Ellisville is just down the road or around the corner).  He went over and fixed it in like 5 seconds.  I drove back to his shop and he made it so it wouldn't happen again.  He said that it shouldn't have happened, that all that stuff was new, that he replaced it all when he replaced the master and slave cylinders and the reservoir.  No charge :)

I always get distraught when a vehicle breaks.  How will I get home?  Should I call my poor neighbor to come to my rescue again?  Should I hoof it 12 miles?  If I have to have it towed will the nice towing man give me a lift home?  I'm sure he would.  I'm a repeat customer ::)  This time it was easy peasy.  Chip even told me to grab a beer out of the fridge ;D

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

You know, Liz, you have good Karma!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 29, 2015, 02:28:06 PM
Chip even told me to grab a beer out of the fridge ;D
May I have one?  ;D

LizStreithorst

Wait 4 years and I'll give you one.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 30, 2015, 08:19:35 PM
Wait 4 years and I'll give you one.

4 yrs??.....or 7 yrs....what's the age down there now??...still 21 right?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

big b

It 21  :(. But I did some research and apparently I can have alcohol right now. As long as my parents serve it to me and I'm in the house I can have alcohol :).

LizStreithorst

Fat chance of that.  I looked it up and it says that you can buy a drink at a bar when you are 18 in Georgia.  Can't go into a store to buy it though.  The restaurant/bar business must have lobbied hard for that one.  Nothing like having a bunch of drunk teenagers on the road ::)

big b

I can have alcohol in my house if my parents serve it to me, I did not say anything about bars. Also i may have alcohol for religious reasons too  mim.

GraphicGr8s

You've researched that way too much. You're a sot!

QuoteLegal Exceptions to Under 21 Possession:

There are a few exceptions in which a person under 21 can possess / consume alcohol without criminal liability:

1. For medical purposes pursuant to a prescription.

2. At a religious ceremony.

3. When the parent or guardian of the person under 21 years of age gives the alcoholic beverage to the person and when possession is in the home of the parent or guardian and such parent or guardian is present.
- See more at: http://www.gainesvillegalawyer.com/under-21-alcohol-possession-under-age-consumption-of-alcohol-minor-in-possession-of-alcohol/#sthash.glEIsFhO.dpuf

I won't mention my own soirees into the topless bars at your age in NY though.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

big b

Nope I read it in a book at school :). Yep school. My home