• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 04:30:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 793
Total: 793

My New Discus

Started by PaulineMi, January 17, 2013, 11:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

I don't know their age but they range in size from 3" for the butterfly,  4" for the jewel,  4 1/2" for the leopard and 5" for the Penang. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

These are the fish she choose from http://www.centralohiodiscus.com/Current%20Stock.htm  My guess is that they are between 4 1/2 months to 8 or 9 months of age.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

These guys have been here a little over three weeks now.  They peck at my hands when I'm cleaning their tank....with their teeth!  They also swim around my hands, brushing up against them. It's interesting to feel how warm and soft they are.

Here they are today:

This is what the dark colored one looks like when he's not in a dark corner of the tank:

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

b125killer

There looking good. it's always fun to have your fish friends interact with you during water changes.
Scott

Mugwump

They look contented....nice job.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Barb

Pretty fish Pauline, I will make their cone as beautiful as they are.  Cave too.
Barb

PaulineMi

Thanks Barb.  I'd also like a planter for their sword if possible.

Barb

Will do, and the angel wall hanging also.  I started back to clay work yesterday, finally.  Good to get my hands in clay again after almost 3 mo. without. 
Barb

BallAquatics

Great to hear they have settled in well and you are getting so much enjoyment from them Pauline.   ;)

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Thanks for the pic of the fish I like most.  It has conformation to die for.  It will be fun to see how it colors up. 

PaulineMi

I figured you'd like seeing that one Liz.  The blue fins encircling the rose colored body is starting to express nicely too. It's still hard to capture it in a picture though.

LizStreithorst

It has potential.  Only time will tell.