• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 10:05:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 735
Total: 735

Sunday Morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, January 17, 2016, 06:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's great on this very cold morn'n.....brrr....it's about -2 below zero, wind chills -15deg's below....

A stay around home day for sure.... |^|   Manny came in and laid down next to me early this morn'n, so I rolled over and went back to sleep, nice and toasty....

Instead of my usual bowl of Wheaties, I believe a nice hot breakfast is in order....yeppers  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Just having my first cup and it is great. Weather is headed for a downturn here with temps down into the teens and single digits on Monday and Tuesday. It will warm up towards the end of the week.

Today is Kobes' birthday so we will probably visit the Petsmart later on. He had a birthday party on Friday while at Doggy Daycare (I was on a field trip).

Water changes on my Altums (all present and accounted for) and Plat fry. I will also set up a 29g to split up the Plat fry again.

Koi pair nursing a spawn. Will they be wigglers today? I have to keep them well fed. They have eaten their last two spawns after being successful parent raisers many times already. If they do it again I will introduce a new male to the female.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Happy birthday Kobe!!!!....have a fun day.. |^| ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

65 already here. Storms went through last night. Breezy but warm for our last day in Florida.  What a great trip.

Caribou coffee is pretty darn good.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 17, 2016, 07:13:41 AM
65 already here. Storms went through last night. Breezy but warm for our last day in Florida.  What a great trip.

Caribou coffee is pretty darn good.

Great, enjoy it while you can.....it'll be cold again tonight..-7below...we might see the teens by Tuesday tho.. wfwf...

Have you seen any homes that you like yet?....

I hope you took some pics while you were down there...it'd be nice to at least look at warm...LOL...

Have a safe trip back.... |^|
Jon

Rjb3

We found one that will do the trick. Even went back a for a second look. We figure Gale can garden all year long from here. And I can sell fish food from anywhere.

Only took a few pics. Got one of a rare sea bird I'll post when we're back. Couple gator pics. Thst's about it.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 17, 2016, 07:32:21 AM
We found one that will do the trick. Even went back a for a second look. We figure Gale can garden all year long from here. And I can sell fish food from anywhere.

Only took a few pics. Got one of a rare sea bird I'll post when we're back. Couple gator pics. Thst's about it.

I see the great Everglades python hunt started the other day....sad folks turning fish and critters loose without a concern for the native habitat...idiots
Jon

Mugwump

Pot #2 here....and it's half gone already.. huh

...and yes, still dang cold out there....brrrr
Jon

Mugwump

,,better now...a nice nap, and a good cup of fresh hot coffee..... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Well it is officially snowing. Our first snow of the year. Not sticking well because the temps are in the mid 30s but... huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 17, 2016, 12:51:35 PM
Well it is officially snowing. Our first snow of the year. Not sticking well because the temps are in the mid 30s but... huh

...it's just teasing ya.. ;D.....still brutal cold here. We went out and swapped the cars around with the Blazer in the garage....wind and cold went right through our coats....brrrr
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 17, 2016, 01:04:09 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 17, 2016, 12:51:35 PM

...it's just teasing ya.. ;D.....still brutal cold here. We went out and swapped the cars around with the Blazer in the garage....wind and cold went right through our coats....brrrr

This is the latest for the first snowfall since they started recording this info here.
Willie

LizStreithorst

52 here this afternoon.  Not as warm as yesterday but warm enough.  I'd planned to make Dolmas today.  I bought all the stuff yesterday but forgot  The grape leaves.  Imagine making stuffed grape leaves and forgetting to buy the grape leaves ::)  I cleaned house instead and did a mountain of dog laundry as well as my small amount of human laundry.

I'll run in for the grape leaves tomorrow.  I thought about driving in today but if I wait until morning I can swing by and visit Charlotte.  I sure hope that her heart comes in soon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..nuff said....
<<<<<<<<<<

Wind Chill Advisory
Statement as of 2:32 PM CST on January 17, 2016

... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until noon CST Monday...

A Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until noon CST Monday.

* Wind chill values... expect wind chills to range from 25 and 30
  below zero... with the coldest wind chills occurring around 6 am
  CST Monday.

* Impacts... the cold wind chills will cause frostbite in as
  little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to generate low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia
can occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat
and gloves.

Jon

ilroost

Nice easy lazy day here. To cold to go out anyway's. Rearranged a couple tanks and got another one took down. Fish room looks sad, down to 10 tanks now. At one time there was 58 running