• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 08:23:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 531
Total: 531

Friday coffee

Started by Mugwump, March 11, 2016, 05:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

,,,the coffee is just great this morn'n...MMmmmm

..mid 30's headed for mid 50's..

,,,a few errands this morn'n...and Heidi's vet visit...then putz'n...a few water changes, etc...Jan's making Harrison's gluten free birthday cake later too...g'son's b-day party is tomorrow... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Coffee is great this morning.  I slept like a rock.  For some reason I was totally exhausted and in bed at 7:30 :-[  I hope I'm not getting sick.

I don't know if I've ever seen as much rain as we had last night.  In Jones county roads and bridges have been washed out.  One road is full of logs from where timber was cut and washed into the road.   I think that all the roads back and forth to my work are clear.  I have a full day of dogs booked but I'm wondering how many of them will actually show up.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 11, 2016, 07:17:07 AM
Coffee is great this morning.  I slept like a rock.  For some reason I was totally exhausted and in bed at 7:30 :-[  I hope I'm not getting sick.

I don't know if I've ever seen as much rain as we had last night.  In Jones county roads and bridges have been washed out.  One road is full of logs from where timber was cut and washed into the road.   I think that all the roads back and forth to my work are clear.  I have a full day of dogs booked but I'm wondering how many of them will actually show up.

My Grandfather used to call those types of rains..'Toad stranglers'.....be careful driving in....puddles are deeper than they appear...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 11, 2016, 07:51:29 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 11, 2016, 07:17:07 AM

My Grandfather used to call those types of rains..'Toad stranglers'.....be careful driving in....puddles are deeper than they appear...

Toad strangles and gully washers.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Just put my pot coffee on. Had a doctors appointment and wanted by blood pressure to be in range. I failed the last timer after drinking a pot. huh It smells good so I am sure it will be great. mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I made it to work and back OK.  The big leaf bridge was over topped 25 years ago and they did a lot of work to give it huge ditches to either side so it wouldn't happen again.  The river is high but not dangerously high.  It's the little bridges I worry about.  Small creaks have turned into rivers.  the water is getting close to the top but it's not there yet.  It rained all day today but it was constant and gentle unlike last nights torrents.  Only one dog cancelled.  He is a Bichon in show coat.  He'd have gotten drenched and disgraceful looking immediately.   I gave him a hair cut last week so he shouldn't be a matted disaster when he comes next Friday.

I had 3 on the books tomorrow.  The lady with 2 called to say that she didn't know if she would be able to make it.  She lives in the next county over and they have had bridges washed out.  It's supposed to rain less tomorrow than today, but these damn rain storm are so hit and miss...

Mugwump

...try out that generator yet?....like a practice run..?
Jon

LizStreithorst

I've cranked it.  Haven't had to run cords through the house yet.  This is just rain.  It shouldn't bother the power without heavy winds along with it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 11, 2016, 03:36:46 PM
I've cranked it.  Haven't had to run cords through the house yet.  This is just rain.  It shouldn't bother the power without heavy winds along with it.

Good....always better to have a practice run before ya really need it... |^|
Jon