• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 09:09:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

The humming birds

Started by LizStreithorst, September 30, 2014, 06:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

They are passing through in droves heading south.  I have 2 feeders up and 8 hummers are fighting one another away from each feeder.  I need to buy another feeder and put in out of sight from the 2 others.  These tiny little birds have an impossible journey ahead of them.  They need to tank up now! 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

cool beans  ;D....fascinating little things....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

What a neat experience, to witness migrating hummingbirds.  I'm sure they "appreciate" your caring for their well being.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Bushkill

We put out 3 feeders around memorial day and have to make sugar water by the gallon! We just stopped re-filling this week. The garden has an incredible "hum" to it all summer long. I declare summer over when the hummers are gone. We had a bunch of ruby-throats in the mix this year. Hopefully we'll get a third species next year!