• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 10:36:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 539
Total: 539

How old were you when....?

Started by Mugwump, August 28, 2017, 04:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I was 24.  I was in one of those "best of worlds worst of worlds" periods in my life.  It showed up when I most needed it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wallace

High school senior. I watched the early shows every week.
Dan

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 29, 2017, 06:21:37 AM
I was all of 21. lol

I got my draft notice on my 21st birthday along with the b-day cards......
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 29, 2017, 06:25:57 AM
I was all of 21. lol

I was already a Vet by the time I was 21. I enlisted as soon as I turned 17 to get away from home.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

18  By then Nixon had stopped the war and there wasn't any draft.  I wasn't even required to register.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 29, 2017, 08:00:36 AM
18  By then Nixon had stopped the war and there wasn't any draft.  I wasn't even required to register.....

Dennis

Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 29, 2017, 07:23:21 AM
I was all of 21. lol

I was already a Vet by the time I was 21. I enlisted as soon as I turned 17 to get away from home.

In my senior year in High School I signed up to go in the Air Force.  Graduated in June, sat around until August and no Air Force.  One Day a Marine recruiter came to the house and said "you can go tomorrow if you want".  Two days later I was in boot camp in San Diego.  Too late for Korea, too early for Vietnam so I had a pretty peaceful time of it.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on August 29, 2017, 01:50:42 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 29, 2017, 07:23:21 AM
I was all of 21. lol

In my senior year in High School I signed up to go in the Air Force.  Graduated in June, sat around until August and no Air Force.  One Day a Marine recruiter came to the house and said "you can go tomorrow if you want".  Two days later I was in boot camp in San Diego.  Too late for Korea, too early for Vietnam so I had a pretty peaceful time of it.

|^|
Jon

wallace

I never had to register for the draft either. There were just two years there, I think it was '76 and '77, that had no draft for 18-year olds. Then draft registration was reinstated.

I did a bunch of genealogy and discovered that all the men on both sides of my family were at an age between wars. I had to go all the way back to the American revolution to find ancestors involved in a war. And they fought on the wrong side, lol. They were Americans but loyalists. After the revolution the US booted the loyalists out and made them go to Canada.

Dan