• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:27:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 767
Total: 767

What a great day...

Started by LizStreithorst, September 03, 2016, 04:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

...so far.  I expect it to get even better when I get to eat real Mexican food with Poncho and his family. 

I had only one dog due to the holiday weekend.  It was my favorite dog.  The owners spent $4,000 on knee surgery on the right leg.  My vet does it for between $800 and $1,000.  I told them, but they didn't quite believe me.  When the other knee had the same problem I told them to at least talk to my vet.  It's a long story, but they took the dog to my vet who uses a method that is less invasive and works a charm.  Their dog is doing just great, and my vet has a good loyal client.

Then the mail came to the shop and I got a thank you card from the folks that brought in the Scotty whose husband said that the dog hadn't had such a good hair cut for years.  The card was from the dog.  She said, "Mom and dad love, love my hair cut.  See you next month."  People don't send cards any more.  I was touched.

Got home, did an acceptable clean on the house.  I cleaned up all the left over stuff from the upgrade on the fish room, gave it a good sweep, changed water without a single flood and cleaned the glass on the tanks.

It is amazing how much better I feel having gotten stuff done rather that sitting on my lazy ass doing nothing but drinking.  I need to make a habit of this behavior.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...no flood !!!.....then it had to be a good day.. |^|

...enjoy the tacos.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

OMG, what a great time with all these Spanish speaking folks.  The younger ones are comfortable with both languages.   I wish I understood Spanish better.  I speak it better than I understand it which is the opposite what's normal.  Ponch's family is wonderful.  I love his mother and father.  The entire family made me feel like family.  I told his mother in Spanish that I will knock on her door tomorrow with something that will kill the fleas on her little dog.  I was very comfortable there,  I kinda think that they like me, too.  I have been invited back.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 03, 2016, 09:40:48 PM
OMG, what a great time with all these Spanish speaking folks.  The younger ones are comfortable with both languages.   I wish I understood Spanish better.  I speak it better than I understand it which is the opposite what's normal.  Ponch's family is wonderful.  I love his mother and father.  The entire family made me feel like family.  I told his mother in Spanish that I will knock on her door tomorrow with something that will kill the fleas on her little dog.  I was very comfortable there,  I kinda think that they like me, too.  I have been invited back.

....good food, good company, good times...... |^|.....good for you, new friends  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 04, 2016, 06:48:26 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 03, 2016, 09:40:48 PM

....good food, good company, good times...... |^|.....good for you, new friends  ;D

Sounds like you had a great time Liz. Good for you. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

Love Mexican food!! Taco al pastor is great. you should try them sometime. Love meeting people from a different culture, you learn so much and it just fascinates me.