• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 11:23:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 516
Total: 516

Big surprise!

Started by Barb, May 02, 2015, 01:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

I have two pairs of angels, two of the fish came from Liz, one male and one female, now paired  with two of my existing angels.  Each pair in their own tank to prevent murders.  Both pairs spawn weekly, one for only two times.  Today that pair has wrigglers.  Our water is liquid rock as they say.  Parents now guarding about 50 or so newly hatched fry.  How is this possible??
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on May 02, 2015, 01:47:43 PM
I have two pairs of angels, two of the fish came from Liz, one male and one female, now paired  with two of my existing angels.  Each pair in their own tank to prevent murders.  Both pairs spawn weekly, one for only two times.  Today that pair has wrigglers.  Our water is liquid rock as they say.  Parents now guarding about 50 or so newly hatched fry.  How is this possible??
Barb

;D....cool beans.....a good male will get it thru those harder eggs sometimes....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Congratulations Barb. I had wigglers a few years back in my liquid rock water. That was the one and only time it happened. Best of luck with yours.  ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Congrats!  Get the BBS going.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Congrats Barb, good luck with them.
Scott

Barb

Thanks everyone!  The parents are guarding something still, I just can't see what it is.  The tank is 56 gal. planted, wood, and gravel.  I will keep watching for tiny fish, if not this time, at least I know they are a confirmed pair.
Barb

Mugwump

If you had wigglers the other day then they won't free swim til maybe tomorrow or Wednesday??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson