• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 08:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

Terrific Tuesday the 7th

Started by Ron Sower, February 07, 2022, 11:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Hello gang...! Hope you are all doing well today...

We're going to play cards this afternoon...a game called dirty table...don't know a thing about the game yet, but we will this afternoon...! 8)...61 now going to 72... 8) 8) 8) .!!. (I thought this palm leaf with the white stem would be appropriate here...1)  .!!.

I sorted through some of my new plants last night and cleaned most of the duckweed out...I should probably work on some more this morning...plus write an email to our vendors at the swap meet for their input for any improvements they might suggest...

Have a good day friends...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron and everyone. Another cold, cloudy and misty day here. We are at our high temp of 38 degrees and the mist will turn into full blown rain soon in a little while so I will be going for my last long walk outside shortly.

I spent most of the morning in the fishroom. It is much more pleasant to work down there now that I've got things mostly cleaned up. Today I've been working on my guppy tanks. My guppies and endler tanks both have fry and I had to make some adjustments to their PH. My water from the tap is between 6.3 and 6.6 PH and my guppies don't do well in that water. 

I also have to address my exploding Gold Mystery snail situation. I probably have over 500 juveniles in my tanks. huh You can be sure that I will be taking a bunch of them to the next club meeting.

Time to get my butt in gear so you all have a great rest of the day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 07, 2022, 01:45:48 PM
Good afternoon Ron and everyone. Another cold, cloudy and misty day here. We are at our high temp of 38 degrees and the mist will turn into full blown rain soon in a little while so I will be going for my last long walk outside shortly.

I spent most of the morning in the fishroom. It is much more pleasant to work down there now that I've got things mostly cleaned up. Today I've been working on my guppy tanks. My guppies and endler tanks both have fry and I had to make some adjustments to their PH. My water from the tap is between 6.3 and 6.6 PH and my guppies don't do well in that water. 

I also have to address my exploding Gold Mystery snail situation. I probably have over 500 juveniles in my tanks. huh You can be sure that I will be taking a bunch of them to the next club meeting.
...which club are you in, Willie?...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My LFS buys all I can make.  I haven't had any eggs layed for a while but I still have man of different colors and ages in various tanks.  I've gotten to like the blues the best, I think but I do like them all.

Today I made my special Chinese meal that I posted yesterday.  I had it with Chinese rice and steamed broccoli.  OMG I'm full.  I need a nap or a coffee with Brandy.  I may do both.  While I'm napping the Brandy will relax my old body then the coffee will give me a bit of get up and go. 

Of course I did my normal fish, horse and dog chores.  I got some cleaning done while the pork roast was in the oven.  I'm determined to make this damn house clean and there is no better time to do it in winter when I prefer inside to outside.  The problem with the big clean and shine other than how fucking long it takes is that afterward there is all the regular upkeep so it stays that way.  That's the part I hate the most. 

It seems that I have another group of Rainbow fish fry swimming around in a 65 wide snail tank where I had some rainbows to take to the fish store.  I'm sure they're all mutts.  The last group were mostly mutts.  The only ones worth keeping are the Millenniums and millenniums crossed with bosemani.  The Australian crosses are not attractive at all.

If I'm on a good breeding streak I may see some Discus wigglers tomorrow morning but I never get my hopes up when it comes to breeding Discus.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 07, 2022, 01:48:35 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on February 07, 2022, 01:45:48 PM

...which club are you in, Willie?...

Ron, I belong to the Diamond State Aquarium Society (DSAS) and I also belong to the Capital Cichlid Association (CCA). CCA is in the DC area and I've been a member there since 2001 when I first lived in that area. DSAS is Delaware's only club and has been an active club since the 60s.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

You guys are so lucky.  Their are not enough people interested in fish to have a club where I live.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 07, 2022, 04:22:30 PM
You guys are so lucky.  Their are not enough people interested in fish to have a club where I live.
Same for me Liz!  I helped start a club very long ago, was even the club Pres. for 4 years.  I miss all that.
Barb