• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 508
Total: 508

....slow day ??

Started by Mugwump, December 12, 2016, 05:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...I guess everyone's out Christmas shopping.... huh...or something.. huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

i have just been working in my fish room trying to straighten the room again, it seems it is a never ending task

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on December 12, 2016, 05:49:16 PM
i have just been working in my fish room trying to straighten the room again, it seems it is a never ending task

...I can understand that completely..... |^|.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

I need to get new air pipes installed but threw out my back so I'm moving in slow motion, trying not to make old man noises. I need some of the pipes to go on the ceiling. That will have to wait a few days.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Waited for the gas man to arrive to fill my propane tank.  Boxed up fish and took them to the LFS.  Went to visit my veterinarian and I gave him the signed dollar bill I owed him from a friendly wager.  Drove to the dog shelter and looked around.  There is one there named Belle.  She's mostly Lab.  She young, but not a puppy.  She's black.  I liked her eyes.  She seemed neither overly excitable nor fearful.  She'd been there since December 3rd.  I came back to her twice after finding one thing or another that made the others not suitable.  I was going to ask to take her out for a walk, and then she coughed and her pen mate coughed.  They were just little coughs and those were the only dogs I saw cough while I was there.  I'm sure they vaccinate against it.  The place is very clean. but I have a fear of bringing home kennel cough. 

I'll be in Hattiesburg on Thursday.  I'll visit her again. 

It is way easier when God dumps dogs on me.  I can't turn a dog away that just turns up.  They are automatically members of the family.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...Well the 'hanging' juror has returned.....but the guy got a reprieve.. |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on December 12, 2016, 06:18:26 PM
I need to get new air pipes installed but threw out my back so I'm moving in slow motion, trying not to make old man noises. I need some of the pipes to go on the ceiling. That will have to wait a few days.

...easy on that back.....take it slow...I hope it was a 'temp' thing too....some rest will help... |^|
Jon

wallace

Rooster has stopped barking at night. I got the bulls out and we took him out with the cows and fed the cows and just had him hang out with us. It seems to have done the trick.

I taught him a bad habit. The way I played with him, he would jump up and I'd grab him and throw him back. Now he's too big for that. He jumped on the UPS guy and had his paws on the guy's shoulders and almost knocked him over. Did the same thing to the neighbor the other day. I'm not much of a disciplinarian but I need to stop it before he smashes somebody.

Dan

LizStreithorst

Congratulations!!!!!  I'm so happy that more exposure to the cows did the trick ;D

As a big friendly dog jumps up on you you have to lift up your leg so that your knee hits the dog in the gut, and say "no".  Then be nice to the dog.

I hope your back gets better soon.  Two shots of whiskey and an Aleve work wonders over night.  Is this fish room air pipe that you're replacing.  I hope so.  It's way more fun than replacing air ducts in a house.

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on December 12, 2016, 07:28:27 PM
Rooster has stopped barking at night. I got the bulls out and we took him out with the cows and fed the cows and just had him hang out with us. It seems to have done the trick.

I taught him a bad habit. The way I played with him, he would jump up and I'd grab him and throw him back. Now he's too big for that. He jumped on the UPS guy and had his paws on the guy's shoulders and almost knocked him over. Did the same thing to the neighbor the other day. I'm not much of a disciplinarian but I need to stop it before he smashes somebody.

..it'll likely help your back feel better too.....that's a load jumping on ya... huh
Jon