• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 12:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 95
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 111
Total: 112

Busy, busy, busy....

Started by Ron Sower, April 30, 2017, 09:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Last couple days or so have been busy with little clean-up and loose ends projects. Finally sitting down to catch up with you guys and gals.

I've got my 40 breeder in the house and running now. I have a bunch of plastic ice cream containers with substrate and bunches of plants in it now. I still need to trim plants in the 54g but no place to put them currently. Also have 6 Panda Cories in the 40 that are the ones left from the holocaust that took about 10 of them one-at-a-time in the 54g. :( I'm getting all this done now as a temporary holding tank until I get back from WA. I hate going away while I'm trying to get stuff started...but that's what we do for our loved ones...It's my granddaughter's Senior Night at fastpitch for her school. , so I'm gonna be there!   

I'll come home on May 10. Lucy's staying thru graduation on June 9. I may have already said this before. I can't remember  :-\ huh ......anyway, I'll get the graveled area between the two lots cemented and then start planning a shed for a few aquaria. I gotta get some room for more fish and plants!!! |^| But first I need to decide what fish I want to raise!!! If I do hard-water species I can use the tap water. If I do soft water species it'll have to be RO water...or a mix.

Angels are nice and fun and so are fancy guppies. I'm also attracted to some of the wild type bettas. And I miss having shell-dwellers around (but they're hard to get rid of). Nano fish are fun too, and I like the Oryzias woworae (Daisy's Rice Fish - I love the way they carry the clutch of eggs around before depositing on a leaf)...
Oh heck!....where to start?....  wfwf

I guess I should check around and see which LFS needs what... :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It sounds like your're run ragged but still having fun |^|
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 30, 2017, 09:16:24 PM
It sounds like your're run ragged but still having fun |^|
That's about right!! 8) 

You're pretty much the same way though... :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I guess you're right.  What's it matter as long as long as we're having fun huh
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Stay busy, it keeps you young!!! 

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 01, 2017, 04:42:52 AM
Stay busy, it keeps you young!!! 

Dennis
[/quote

Good to hear this Dennis, that means Liz and I will live forever then!  And a lot of you guys too.  Glad your treatments are almost done Dennis.  The trip sounds fun.
Barb

Ron Sower

Yeppers...just as long as I can look down at the sod and flowers instead of fertilizing them, I guess I'm in pretty good shape...!   |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron