• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 03:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 587
Total: 587

Tuesday dinner..??

Started by Mugwump, May 23, 2017, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...at the moment.....no clue  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Left over chicken paprika, this time over rice.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Last of the leftover Ribs and a couple slices of Pizza. Rhubarb upside down cake for dessert.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on May 23, 2017, 09:37:52 PM
Last of the leftover Ribs and a couple slices of Pizza. Rhubarb upside down cake for dessert.

.... huh   never had that before..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

It's Rhubarb season so we have had Rhubarb pie and Rhubarb upside down cake, I guess that's what you call it.  Layer of rhubarb on the bottom with cake over top.  Good with cool whip topping.  Everything rhubarb for a couple weeks, then no more til next year.  Of course she put some in the freezer so we may see more this winter.
Dale

LizStreithorst

One of the disadvantages of living down south is that we can't grow rhubarb nor can we grow good tasting rasberries.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Yes some things just need that dormant time and a good hard freeze in the winter to do any good.  Just the way they evolved I guess.  There are a lot of things that grow down there that wouldn't have a chance around here.
Dale

BallAquatics

I forced some rhubarb last year and it was melt-in-your-mouth good.  Didn't do anything with it this year though.

Dennis

BillT

My grandparents (in Michigan) had rhubarb frequently.
I have several plants now since I got a big one from a neighbor who didn't want it. It fell apart into several pieces in the process of being moved.
I put three where I used to have a composter and where I put in a garden irrigation system. They grow huge last year and where out competing other plants for the light and space. I gave one away and the other two are flowering this year. The flowers are taller than I am (6'1" to 6'2").