• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 12:30:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 42
Total: 42

Friday chow

Started by Mugwump, December 23, 2016, 06:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...grab what you can find....leftovers.....Jan went over to watch Keegan so #2 and his lovely bride could go out for a bit....it's their 15th anniversary...16??

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I had a bi-national meal.  Mexican and Swiss.  The store had 4 poblano peppers for sale for 99 cents, and they were beauties!  I couldn't resist.  I bought them and yearned for them for dinner.  I blistered them under the broiler and popped them in a zip lock bag for 5 minutes before I removed their skins and removed the seeds.  I looked in the cheese drawer and the only cheese I had that would work was Swiss.  That's what makes them bi-national.  I stuffed them with the Swiss, dumped them in egg and flower and fried them up in duck fat.

My eyes are often bigger than my stomach but not this time.  I made 2 and ate them both down to the stem!  (I'd hardly eaten anything in the past 2 days because of a rare migraine.)  I'm as full as a fat mama tick right now.  Life is good. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 23, 2016, 06:14:49 PM
I had a bi-national meal.  Mexican and Swiss.  The store had 4 poblano peppers for sale for 99 cents, and they were beauties!  I couldn't resist.  I bought them and yearned for them for dinner.  I blistered them under the broiler and popped them in a zip lock bag for 5 minutes before I removed their skins and removed the seeds.  I looked in the cheese drawer and the only cheese I had that would work was Swiss.  That's what makes them bi-national.  I stuffed them with the Swiss, dumped them in egg and flower and fried them up in duck fat.

My eyes are often bigger than my stomach but not this time.  I made 2 and ate them both down to the stem!  (I'd hardly eaten anything in the past 2 days because of a rare migraine.)  I'm as full as a fat mama tick right now.  Life is good.

...about how long to make...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

About 20 minutes in all.  15 of those were prepping the chiles.

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Not to me.  It looks pretty but my mind't taste buds say that the it's won't be.  The mix of favors just don't seem to blend right.  Of course I won't know until I make it.  I'm not curious enough to make it huh

I hope you notice that this blogger didn't even bother to blister, steam and remove the skins from the pepper.  That woman can't cook.  Just my humble opinion, of course :-[

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 23, 2016, 07:59:02 PM
Not to me.  It looks pretty but my mind't taste buds say that the it's won't be.  The mix of favors just don't seem to blend right.  Of course I won't know until I make it.  I'm not curious enough to make it huh

I hope you notice that this blogger didn't even bother to blister, steam and remove the skins from the pepper.  That woman can't cook.  Just my humble opinion, of course :-[

...skin removal ?....taste?..too rough?...
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's tough.  It has no flavor.  You can't chew it up.  You end up with a wad of tough skin in your mouth that you have to take out of your mouth and put on the plate.  Not a very appealing thought, is it?Try doing it both ways and see for yourself.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 23, 2016, 08:18:31 PM
It's tough.  It has no flavor.  You can't chew it up.  You end up with a wad of tough skin in your mouth that you have to take out of your mouth and put on the plate.  Not a very appealing thought, is it?Try doing it both ways and see for yourself.

I can see that happening....thanks |^|
Jon