• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 04:51:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 736
Total: 736

random stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallace

Before clocks, there were candle clocks, that when burned, effectively indicated the passage of periods of time especially indoor & at night. To set an alarm, you pushed a nail into the desired point and the nail would fall and clank on the metal holder.
Dan

Mugwump

..that's cool....they have timed emergency candles now too
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on April 07, 2018, 05:44:17 AM
LOL

...almost like a dangling participle...but not dangling...! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

A couple made a deal that whoever died first would
come back and inform the other if there is sex after death.
Their biggest fear was that there was no after life at all.

After a long life together, the husband was the first
to die. True to his word, he made the first contact: "Marion
, Marion."

"Is that you, Bob?"

"Yes, I've come back like we agreed."

"That's wonderful! What's it like?"

"Well, I get up in the morning, I have sex. I have
breakfast and then it's off to the golf course. I have sex
again, bathe in the warm sun and then have sex a couple of
more times.. Then I have lunch (you'd be proud -- lots of
greens). Another romp around the golf course, then pretty
much have sex the rest of the afternoon. After supper, it's
back to golf course again. Then it's more sex until late at
night. I catch some much needed sleep and then the next day
it starts all over again".

"Oh, Bob! Are you in Heaven?"

"No -- I'm a rabbit somewhere in Arizona."
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Fred Astaire and Eleanor Powell dancing on a rooftop in a publicity photo for Broadway Melody of 1940  (Norman Taurog, 1940)
Jon

Mugwump

Jon