• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 503
Total: 504

Thinking about quitting smoking

Started by LizStreithorst, September 11, 2014, 05:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Muggers, I know myself.  The only thing that works for me is "cold turkey".  I don't have motivation enough to go cold turkey.  I had it once.  Maybe I'll get it back.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

I quit the beers and the little cigars on the same day. Years ago. I never looked back. Did I enjoy them both? You bet I did. Do I miss them? . . . . . . Not a bit.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 07, 2014, 08:19:03 PM
I quit the beers and the little cigars on the same day. Years ago. I never looked back. Did I enjoy them both? You bet I did. Do I miss them? . . . . . . Not a bit.

Where did you find the motivation?  I had it once but it went away and I can't seem to care enough to get it back.  Something in my head must not be right.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

I would get home from work every day and have one or two beers and a little cigar while my computer booted up. That old relic would take a half hour to load and be ready to work. I was drinking daily. I decided I didn't like the idea of being a daily drinker even if it was only one or two. So, I quit.