• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:13:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

Friday greetings

Started by Barb, December 01, 2023, 03:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi folks, it is 4pm here, not too cold, but so very dark with heavy cloud cover.  When it isn't sunny I am always disappointed.  Sun plus cold is fine.  Warm plus clouds, not so fine.  Have had a busy day here  But yesterday I did successfully pick up the big discus from my friend.  He was in a bucket wrapped in blankets for about 6 hrs.  Now he is in his isolation tank and looks quite good.  Tomorrow he gets the magic powder Liz shared with me.  A wormer.  Just one treatment she says.  I will let you know if I see him poop anything interesting.  He is about 6"

Tomorrow is the monthly one day at the aquarium at the beach.  I will be gone 10 hrs.  It is to rain so that will bring in extra people.  You all have a good weekend!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone. It is warm and raining now. I'm glad that the rain didn't start coming down this morning when it was cold. The freezing temps would have made this rain into a snow storm. I'll take the rain over snow anytime.

I didn't get much done today because I was feeling lazy. I did a little bit in the fishroom but with the holidays upon us I have to get this house in shape soon. I'm sure I will have some company during that time period and I don't want to be scrambling around cleaning up at the last minute.

Barb I hope that they don't overwork you at the Aquarium tomorrow. Maybe next year I'll volunteer at the Baltimore Aquarium if they have some light work for me to do.

Have a great evening everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Barb, Willie, et. al.

This afternoon I was at Costco getting the food and paper/plastic goods for our SAS holiday meal on Sunday. Of course it was crowded! But this was the fastest I've ever completely filled a cart, and it would have been faster if I'd just gotten one type of pie but I took a few minutes to Change my mind and pick out several kinds. It'll be nice to have this party and then be all done with it for another year.

Tomorrow I'll wrap or bag some white elephant gifts and prep plants for the raffle and auction.

We put up our Xmas tree Wednesday, and room decorations yesterday and finished up this afternoon. Because I've been so busy with club stuff, cardio rehab, and fish biz, Lucy did some of the stuff I usually do yesterday. That was a big help.

One of our local home fish breeders has some nice Apisto. trifasciata that I'm trying to work out out some wholesale pricing with. She and her brother do a really nice job with the fish they breed. I'm looking forward to picking up some on Sunday.

Stay dry Willie, and Barb, have fun tomorrow.

I guess that's all for now. Sweet dreams, y'all!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron