• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 06:40:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 549
Total: 549

Jan's got a blossum...

Started by Mugwump, February 20, 2014, 06:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....on an Anubias.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Cool.  I never knew that they could have a flower.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 20, 2014, 07:09:58 PM
Cool.  I never knew that they could have a flower.

Me neither...but all of a sudden...voila!...kinda neat looking too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Congrats Jan.

Mine have blossomed and it's always a treat.  The flower lasts for quite a while too.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 20, 2014, 08:40:18 PM
Congrats Jan.

Mine have blossomed and it's always a treat.  The flower lasts for quite a while too.

cool....our swords have done it before but this is a first ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

I think it's interesting that it doesn't shoot a stalk up above the surface of the water. I've had them bloom underwater too, and my friend Stan has had several of them do it.  And, yes, they do last a long time!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 20, 2014, 08:43:22 PM
l wish I could grow plants.

You can tie an anubius to anything Liz. I have even tied them to a rock and they will grow.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

We like them because they do well in most any light.....and they're tough enough for angels to spawn on, without ripping the leaves up.
Jon

b125killer

That's neat I didn't know the were a flowering plant. I have a dig bushy nana anubias. They are a hearty plant.
Scott

wiggs

I didn`t know they bloomed either. Then I saw the little bud and said to Jon that`s a flower, he said no that`s a leaf. I said no that`s a flower, this went on for awhile, about a week  ;D   then it became a little bigger and I said that is not a leaf, look at it again, and Jon finally agreed with me, whew!  I want to take more pictures as it gets bigger, it is really slow to grow.  I really like these plants, as we have pleco`s in almost all of our tanks and they can stand-up to being chewed on and the Angels love them for their eggs.  It seems if the Angels have a slate or a plant leaf, they choose the plant.
Jan

EverythingAquatic

My anubias plants bloom all the time.  It is telling you it is quite happy :)  If you didn't already know the blooms are stark white and look like mini calla lilies.

wiggs

I didn`t know, Thanks. I`m hoping that it does o.k. now and a pleco doesn`t chew on it. 
Jan

Mugwump

...LOL...I found another bloom in the cory pod tank....Anubias...
Jon