• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 01:17:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 614
Total: 614

Hey Ben....

Started by Mugwump, December 03, 2013, 06:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

How's that planted tank coming along??  Pics, huh???? ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Yea Ben where's the pics ;D
Scott

Mugwump

....anything yet??? ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I just asked him about it today. He said that it's not going as good as he hoped. I guess he had some moss balls that fell apart on him. Now there's bits of moss floating all over the tank. 
Scott

Mugwump

So net/siphon  them out.....LOL....How's the rest look??.....any fish yet?
Jon

Ron Sower

I would like to know what you're up to with your planted tank. 

If the moss balls fell apart, did any of the pieces propagate in new spots? We have a smaller 12g tank that had 2 moss balls (Cladophora I believe). Little tufts of moss started showing up on a piece of wood in the shape of an arch. It is now covered with beautiful green growths all over it. The original moss balls themselves are gone now. I've no clue why it's not covering everything else in the tank. Not even the other piece of wood at the opposite end of the tank!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

Ben got a new job, so I haven't talked to hime in some time. I think he let the hole tank go into disarray.  Last time I did talk to he he was thinking of taking it down. It's a shame he has a great setup for a planted tank.
When I first started a planted tank the moss balls where the first thing I had. They did the same thing. Once they started to come undone I through them out. I didn't get moss all over the place. Didn't see any new growth anywere either. I was under the impression that they could grow into a mat. But not to sure about that.
Scott