• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 12:00:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 520
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

Happy Monday sleepy heads

Started by LizStreithorst, August 10, 2020, 08:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've been out sawing and picking up hour and a half.  I'm taking a hydration break (water) before I head back out.  I've already unloaded 4 loads of debris to the new burn pile I started out in the middle of the pasture.  The grass is so tall and damp with dew that Charlott's wheels spin when I have unloaded and head back for more.  When Shawn gets back from off shore work I'm going to have to ask him to bush hog for me.  I hate to borrow Jacks tractor because if something breaks I can't afford to fix it.  It's silly of me because all Jack's stuff is well maintained.

I cannot believe how much better I feel since I quit drinking.  I fell off the wagon last Thursday and felt so muddle headed Friday that I just sat around the house.  I decided that living like that sucked.  You never know, though.  It goes against all logic, but alcoholics fool themselves into thinking that they can try drinking one more time and that they will control it. 

Back to work.  What does everyone else have planned for the day?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. The heat is already turned up here with temps already at 88 degrees and feeling like 105.

I have unloaded 2 boxes of junk in my quest to organize my garage and then I quit for the day. If I can do a couple of boxes every day for about a month I can get rid of all of most of my junk. My big problem is that I have to look through everything to make sure I am not throwing out stuff with my name or social security info on it.

I'll be playing around in the fishroom again today. It is shrimp tank water change day. I am very happy that it is air conditioned down there. If I ever wanted to finish the basement I wouldn't have to worry about heat and air conditioning.

Liz I feel you about the drinking. I mostly stopped drinking in February but I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times and felt miserable afterwards.

I have mostly done a good job of getting back on and I have even dropped a few pounds in the process. Just keep doing what you are doing.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's an hour after you posted Willie and it's 87 here now.  Believe it or not, I decided to do a small mow even though my back was hurting.  It doesn't hurt when I push the mower and some stuff was in the shade and I figured I'd take advantage of the shade while I still could.  I ended up doing some mowing in the sunny parts too in order for it too look more neat and tidy as my customers drive up to my side door.  The front is still in the shade, but I watered it all night long and once the water gets into the grass roots it's going to grow like crazy.

I have to go to the store so I guess I'll take a quick bath and try to make myself halfway presentable.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

It's down to 92 degrees from a high of 96 but it still feels like 109 degrees according to the Weather Underground. I got my walking in without Kobe because it was too hot for him. getting to that 2nd mile was rough.

I'm going to eat a little something and then do my shrimp changes.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...good afternoon folks...set my alarm early - 7am- so I would be ready for the electrician when he arrived at 8...somebody did some wiring after this house was built and put lights and receptacles on a GFCI that shouldn't be on it....crap! huh

...I never have been a constant drinker...raised in a teetotaler family and decided back then I didn't want to go to hell...during college I learned of some of the pleasure alcohol could provide but didn't care to go though what I witnessed in morning-after scenes...so I kept it at a minimum...not to say that I haven't puked once or twice...just not a favorite action of mine....About the same with weed or hashish...inhaling screws up my lungs and I cough forever...
but I didn't have some delicious cookies once...! ;D

...today is another one of those non-planned days that will have me attacking some to-do list items, if I feel like it...traded some shrimp for some plants yesterday...got them planted in the Congo tank... I got a 5g in trade too, and it's all cleaned up...I need to get serious about setting up another rack and getting more tanks in it...really struggling with whether to keep the cichlid tank as is or move the cichlids out and get more plant friendly fish and plant it....

...I was just notified by the commander in chief that we must venture to the grocery store today....that wasn't on my list, but it shall get done!...have a good rest of the day folks...! |^|

BTW, Barb, have you seen my PM yet?

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi all, I am too tired to read this thread, but will tomorrow,  no Ron, didn't get it.  Send again please?
Barb