• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 01:16:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 612
Total: 612

This hose...

Started by LizStreithorst, December 11, 2015, 08:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 05, 2016, 02:19:43 PM
I don't imagine that anybody but I needs a 1" hose, but here's the low down.  The green hose that Dennis pointed out is actually a 3/4" hose with 1" fittings although it was advertised as a 1" hose.  Pissed me off because it was not what they said it was.  I ordered 2 more of the real 1" hoses and boy oh boy can I drain water fast!  I can use the green hose at the shop for the 125 but I still feel like they misled me.

..at least ya got it working for ya..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 05, 2016, 02:19:43 PM
Pissed me off because it was not what they said it was.

I'd send it back and contact them to complain.  When we do nothing these rip-offs are allowed to continue.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I know that you are right, but it's too much trouble :-[  I'll use it at the shop.  I did post a review with a picture.  Look at the pic.  You can see the difference in the diameters of the two hoses
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

A small bit of satisfaction...Northern Tool said that it would have to approve my review before I posted it.  I'd bout given up hope that they'd post it.  It went up today, a week later.  At least now nobody who reads the reviews will be fooled. 

I know that 10' of the real 1" hose costs an arm and a let but I wanted it and you would not believe the difference it makes.  I have to work fast to vacuum the 20's, 29's and 30's or I suck out out more water that I need to.  If I still had 10's set up I would have to siphon them with the pump turned off.

I'm glad I bought the Northern Tool hose even though it wasn't what it said it was.  I'm not taking it to the shop.  I don't need it there and it's too good a hose to waste on that single 125 tank where I stick fish that I no longer care about.  I needed it to transfer RO water to the breeding tanks.  I've been using this crap 1/2" potable water hose on my 1/2 hp sump pump.  Dang thing is so soft it kinks at any excuse.  Can you imagine what putting that killer 3/4" hose on a 1/2  hp sump pump will make? 
Always move forward. Never look back.