• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 02:52:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 625
Total: 626

Cities and Towns Suggestion

Started by Ron Sower, April 30, 2013, 12:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I don't know if this has been suggested or not.  Would it be possible, or even desirable, to have the city  and state where the forum member lives under the avatar?  Not having been to see all of you, I have a hard time keeping up with who lives where, so when you write about the weather or local swaps, I think it would be good to know where you are!

Just suggesting!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

If there was an option in each members profile for where they live...it might be doable...then everyone would be able to modify it......if they choose...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Doh.....there is a location option for members....It's not widely used tho....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Who is Barb Wire......lol.   ::)

My state is shown in my profile. How do I get it to show up here?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

This is the place that Barb wire was invented, and made. It revolutionized the way cattlemen fenced their fields, it's also used for protection(military) and besides just containment...
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 30, 2013, 06:53:25 AM
My state is shown in my profile. How do I get it to show up here?

Anything you put in the Personal Text: field of your profile will show up under your avatar.  The info in the Location: field is displayed when some one looks at your profile.

Dennis

greydragon

Ron Sower

Than you, Mr. Mugwump!  Good to know the barb wire trivia!

It would be great if you folks go in and do that so we can know where you are. That way we know where to get a meal when we're in town!  And by the looks of the posts on that section of the forum, it would be a good meal..!!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

As a kid growing up in rural Ohio, we all had Dekalb hats.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Yes, the corn, and corn hybrid signs are all over the place..
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Did you ever detassle in the summer?
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on April 30, 2013, 03:06:39 PM

Yes, we made .85 cents an hour from the local LandMark.  What a great job.....  50 teenage boys turned loose in a corn field!  LOL

Dennis

sschind

I know you guys are friends Frank but don't you think that is a rather personal question to expect him to answer on a public forum.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on May 01, 2013, 01:27:47 PM

I know you guys are friends Frank but don't you think that is a rather personal question to expect him to answer on a public forum.

ROTFLMAO>............ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....cheesehead humor...he he
Jon