• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

Mother's Day BBQ...

Started by Ron Sower, May 08, 2016, 05:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

....steaks from the grill, mango salad, mashers and cheesecake for desert. G-daughter and exchange student, nicknamed Thai-kid, are coming at 4 and we'r going to do all the stuff. Then daughter is coming at 6. I'm hungry just thinking about it!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 08, 2016, 05:02:35 PM
....steaks from the grill, mango salad, mashers and cheesecake for desert. G-daughter and exchange student, nicknamed Thai-kid, are coming at 4 and we'r going to do all the stuff. Then daughter is coming at 6. I'm hungry just thinking about it!

...very nice... |^|....got a little fire place out there ??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Nah... just a gas grill. Although I do have a small table top Weber, but Miss Lucy isn't fond of charcoal smokey flavor.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I had this:  http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/01/quick-easy-pressure-cooker-chicken-and-chickpea-masala.html  I have made better dinners but only a handful.  BTW, I think I'm in love with my pressure cooker.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...baked chicken here...with spinach, pears, and fresh baked rolls.....

..and now?...big bowl of ice cream with chocolate on top.....yum yum.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Italian sausage & peppers along with leftover mac & cheese and potato salad. Simple but very good.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 08, 2016, 08:09:53 PM
Italian sausage & peppers along with leftover mac & cheese and potato salad. Simple but very good.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

..I've really had a taste for nice big 'Maxwell Street' Polish....MMMMMMmmm.....awesome food.....

"The legend of "Jim's Original" started over 70 years ago, when a young, bright-eyed European immigrant named "Jimmy" arrived in America. Once in Chicago, Jimmy began working at a small hot dog stand on the bustling corners of Maxwell and Halsted Streets. Jimmy worked hard, bought the stand from his aunt, and then made it literally "World Famous." He piled succulent polish sausages high on the grill and created the first Maxwell Street Polish Sausage sandwich, with sweet grilled onions and a smear of mustard. Perhaps there has never been a pleasure as great and as simple as taking a bite into one of Jimmy's original sandwiches. Due to UIC expansion and City pressures, that little stand, Jim's Original, was relocated first in 2001 and then in 2005 a block North and a block East to the Southwest Corner of Union Avenue & James Rochford Street. Today we continue to serve the Original Maxwell Street Polish Sausage Sandwich as Jimmy did when he first "invented" it in 1941.
Jim's Original is the longest continuously operating hot dog stand to have once done business on Maxwell Street. Except for a short closure in 2001 when we were relocated from Maxwell Street to Union Avenue, we have been in business since 1939, with 62 years of history on Maxwell Street. Jim's was so well-known and has so consistently served Chicagoans that we became the cornerstone of the Old Maxwell Street Market until its relocation in 1994. People still identify the Old Maxwell Street Market with the sweet smell of onions that emanated from Jim's stand."

of while I'm at it.... ;D

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 08, 2016, 08:26:21 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on May 08, 2016, 08:09:53 PM

..I've really had a taste for nice big 'Maxwell Street' Polish....MMMMMMmmm.....awesome food.....

"The legend of "Jim's Original" started over 70 years ago, when a young, bright-eyed European immigrant named "Jimmy" arrived in America. Once in Chicago, Jimmy began working at a small hot dog stand on the bustling corners of Maxwell and Halsted Streets. Jimmy worked hard, bought the stand from his aunt, and then made it literally "World Famous." He piled succulent polish sausages high on the grill and created the first Maxwell Street Polish Sausage sandwich, with sweet grilled onions and a smear of mustard. Perhaps there has never been a pleasure as great and as simple as taking a bite into one of Jimmy's original sandwiches. Due to UIC expansion and City pressures, that little stand, Jim's Original, was relocated first in 2001 and then in 2005 a block North and a block East to the Southwest Corner of Union Avenue & James Rochford Street. Today we continue to serve the Original Maxwell Street Polish Sausage Sandwich as Jimmy did when he first "invented" it in 1941.
Jim's Original is the longest continuously operating hot dog stand to have once done business on Maxwell Street. Except for a short closure in 2001 when we were relocated from Maxwell Street to Union Avenue, we have been in business since 1939, with 62 years of history on Maxwell Street. Jim's was so well-known and has so consistently served Chicagoans that we became the cornerstone of the Old Maxwell Street Market until its relocation in 1994. People still identify the Old Maxwell Street Market with the sweet smell of onions that emanated from Jim's stand."

of while I'm at it.... ;D

Maxwell St. I used to go there a couple of times a week when I worked down in that area. I got the polish a lot but I loved the pork chop sandwiches too. The french fries were also great.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.