• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 745
Total: 747

Saturday......coffee....

Started by Mugwump, September 26, 2015, 06:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee is good....slept in til after 6AM.....upper 70's today, so another nice day on tap around here....

We're headed to a friends 60th birthday BBQ later this afternoon, but we'll putz a bit first....Jan wants to check out a craft show this morning, and, of course, I need to do the fry water changes....It's our oldest son's, Michael, birthday today too....42....seems like yesterday....he's become a fine young man, and we're very proud of him.

I could have slept more, why am I up....LOL.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I was up way to early today. I have fish stuff on my mind, that's nothing new. I also have to be at tue pet store by 8. I'm going to get more sand today for the discus tank. It seems i have been cleaning a lot of it out. I don't notice until it gets to be thin. But I'm okay with that. At least there tank is clean. After that I'm going to work on the sump for the saltwater tank.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on September 26, 2015, 07:09:45 AM
I was up way to early today. I have fish stuff on my mind, that's nothing new. I also have to be at tue pet store by 8. I'm going to get more sand today for the discus tank. It seems i have been cleaning a lot of it out. I don't notice until it gets to be thin. But I'm okay with that. At least there tank is clean. After that I'm going to work on the sump for the saltwater tank.

I thought you were using the play sand from Lowe's/Menard's....etc...??

How big of a sump?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is good. Cloudy and breezy here this morning with temps only going up to 75 in the mid afternoon. Waiting for my electrical guy to do part 2 of my basement. That will be on the non fish related side of the basement. 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 26, 2015, 08:17:37 AM
Coffee is good. Cloudy and breezy here this morning with temps only going up to 75 in the mid afternoon. Waiting for my electrical guy to do part 2 of my basement. That will be on the non fish related side of the basement. 8)

Pot #2, or is it #3 ??? here......LOL.....I need another cup..... 8)
Jon

PaulineMi

Been up for a few hours. Coffee, reading the news, cutting and counting out pills for Fritz..... MSU game starts at noon  |^| .  Thanks for the "thumbs up" Dennis.  ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Coffee good again today! I think our unseasonally hot weather is gone for this year. Mid to upper 60s net few days with intermittent clouds.

Going to take my pair of angels over to a friend later today. They are getting ready to spawn again. The move will probably speed this up and he will have tanks to raise the fry if he wants to. The last spawn, when I moved the few fry into a small Naja infested tank, didn't make it.

Then at dinner time we have a community potluck in a cul-de-sac across from us. There will be lots of good food there.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Great craft show at the retirement center....I scored a pan of lemon bars.....MMMMmmmmm    and they almost didn't even make the door out....LOL
Jon

wsantia1

My electrician is finished with my basement and I now have enough juice to power everything I need downstairs. I can finally set up all of my tanks.  |^| He even added some lighting in my little workshop area to make it easier for me to see. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 26, 2015, 03:28:58 PM

My electrician is finished with my basement and I now have enough juice to power everything I need downstairs. I can finally set up all of my tanks.  |^| He even added some lighting in my little workshop area to make it easier for me to see. |^| |^| |^|

That's awesome, Willie.  There is no such thing as too much electricity.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 26, 2015, 03:32:26 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 26, 2015, 03:28:58 PM

That's awesome, Willie.  There is no such thing as too much electricity.

Nope....never enough..... |^|

Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...back from the party....it started around 4 PM.....full and tired.... 8)
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on September 26, 2015, 08:38:03 PM
...back from the party....it started around 4 PM.....full and tired.... 8)

What party ???????      huh

Jon

BallAquatics

I like that gal in the first picture better.....

Dennis