• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 07:08:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 796
Total: 796

Saturday, good morn'n..

Started by Mugwump, July 01, 2017, 06:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....great coffee this morning.....almost pot #2 time already.... 8)...

...a lazy morning here, almost roll'd over and stayed in bed.... |^|.....but a cold nose found me under the covers.....

..no rain predicted and it'll be around 80deg's later.....it's still humid tho...we might cruise a few garage sales this morn'n?....not looking for anything special, just getting out for a bit..

..more coffee first tho.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Good morning out there....80 here ATM...sposed to go to 108....still warm but not 120!!!...

...believe I be putting in the AC vent in Lucy's craft shack this morning so she can get the folding table out of our living room and all her crafting stuff with it!!...then if I have enough energy and motivation left I'll put a ceiling fan and light in her bedroom this afternoon.....

...I sound downright ambitious today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 01, 2017, 09:53:09 AM
Good morning out there....80 here ATM...sposed to go to 108....still warm but not 120!!!...

...believe I be putting in the AC vent in Lucy's craft shack this morning so she can get the folding table out of our living room and all her crafting stuff with it!!...then if I have enough energy and motivation left I'll put a ceiling fan and light in her bedroom this afternoon.....

...I sound downright ambitious today...

....ceiling fans rock!!....even on a patio or porch.... |^|.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great coffee here this morning. The clouds have rolled in but rain will be hit or miss depending on which way the wind is blowing. In either case that won't happen until after 4 pm. We'll get a break from this humidity once the rain passes through. It will also be in the high 80s.

Doing my house cleaning today along with water changes.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 01, 2017, 10:21:47 AM
Great coffee here this morning. The clouds have rolled in but rain will be hit or miss depending on which way the wind is blowing. In either case that won't happen until after 4 pm. We'll get a break from this humidity once the rain passes through. It will also be in the high 80s.

Doing my house cleaning today along with water changes.

.....got the tunes playing too, right?.... |^|

We're heading out the door in a few to go putz around a couple garage sales.....just chill'n....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Lovely day. It's sunny more often that rainy.  I should take advantage of the nice weather and mow but I'll wait until morning, hope that the rain doesn't come back, and do it when it's cooler.

The Peamite and I went to work, I groomed my one dog and did my weekly WC on the 125 at the shop.  Then we went to feed store for 150 lbs of dog, horse, and chicken food, to the Mexican Tienda in Pendorff for a lb. of chorizo and a lb. of queso de Oaxaca, then back into Ellisville to put my throw rugs in the washer (some of damn little dogs pee on them when the grass is wet and of course Bruno who doesn't mind getting his feet wet has to pee on top of their pee ::))  Then on to the supermarket where I spent a fortune on ingredients for seafood gumbo.   When I returned to the laundromat, my throw rugs had not been stolen which is what happened last time.

I didn't care.  I went to the dollar store and got 2 new throw rugs.  What pissed me off was that there are people so low that they will steal from people who are mostly so poor that they can't afford a washing machine.  It's like, "you have next to nothing so I'll take what little you have."  That's low.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Nice day. 78 and sunny, humid though.  I picked the raspberries, fed the fish and loafed a bit.  The Raspberries are not doing real good this year for some reason. Maybe we have had too much rain.  Did find a couple black raspberries so they are starting now.  That is good, I like the black ones better than the red ones anyway.  Looks like I will be spending a couple hours a day picking berries for the next couple weeks.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

I so envy you.  We're too hot and humid down where I live to grow raspberries, and they're my most favorite fruit.

wallace

Blackberries are wild here and grow all over the place. They are just right during August, so nothing to pick just yet. I hitchhiked thru Oregon in the '70s and the berries along the freeway were nice to find since I had no food or money at the time.

Dan

LizStreithorst

The blackberries are long gone here.  They ripen just before the blueberries here.  They are growing wild in places along my fence row.  Once every couple years they start taking over and I have to pull most of them out.  We have dew berries here, too.  They are low growing sweeter and start producing earlier.  They don't put out the crop that the blackberries do, though.

wallace

Liz, we have a doe that just won't shut up today, and we don't see what the problem is. Do you know what it might be?
Dan

LizStreithorst

Sometimes does come into heat out of season and raise a holy racket.  Touch her on the wazoo and see if she flags her tail.

wallace

The tail isn't flicking but we just noticed discharge, so that's what it is. Thanx!
Dan

LizStreithorst

There's always the chance that she's fixin' to kid.  I had a kid once from a doe that I didn't realize was pregnant.  I named her Tweetie Face and showed her to her championship.  Do you have a buck on the place?  If she's in heat the buck should be acting crazy, too.

wallace

She has 2 kids that are 8 weeks old. Haven't noticed the buck acting up.
Dan