• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 10:46:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 430
Total: 430

Tonight...??

Started by Mugwump, October 31, 2014, 01:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Pot roast is cooking...with Tomatoes/green pepper/ saved from the garden...plus cut up onion and Potatoes......Green beans from the garden on the side............Hmmmm..corn bread??  ;D

perfect meal for the weather... ;D ;D ;D ;D...and it smells so good in here right now....MMmmm
If you're near??..stop by.....there's plenty  ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Bushkill

I'll send my daughter over, she probably only lives a few blocks away.

Mugwump

Quote from: Bushkill on October 31, 2014, 02:10:09 PM
I'll send my daughter over, she probably only lives a few blocks away.

LOL....... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Fried Mississippi Catfish tonight.  It's still not pot roast weather here.  It will be tomorrow, though.  It will get down to close to freezing tonight :-\
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Now I like fried catfish.....can eat it til I explode... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm not generally fond of catfish because it tastes like generic fish.  Give me a wild caught fresh tuna steak or wild caught Red Snapper any day for good flavor.  But I know how to cook a catfish filet to suit my taste.  This is what I do:

Buy a big Mississippi farm raised cat fish
Sprinkle Zataran's liquid crab/shrimp boil over it and let it soak in for a minute or two.
Sprinkle the filet with Kosher salt
Put the filet in a bag and roll it around in flour until it's well covered.
fill a pan that will fit the filet with oil half way.
When the oil gets to 350 (I use my fish room infrared thermometer)
Put in the filet and fry it for 7 minutes.
I like lemon juice on mine :P

This has so few ingredients and takes so little time it's hard to believe that the flavor is so wonderful.  I think that the secret  must be the Zataran's crab boil.  If you put a drop of it on your finger and taste it all you can taste is "HOT" but when you read the ingredients there are spices in it.  The cooked filet absorbs very little heat but seems to absorb the spices.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Thanks..worth a try.....I like fresh fish too.....we just use a Bisquick beer batter for catfish/bass/walleye/etc.........yum..
Jon

EdKaz

We had a yummy pot roast last night. Tonight its pot LUCK

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on October 31, 2014, 06:07:36 PM
We had a yummy pot roast last night. Tonight its pot LUCK

I think our leftovers will become a stew....cooked with biscuits on top....MMMmm
Jon