• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 07:04:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 552
Total: 553

Can of ....--->

Started by Mugwump, October 31, 2014, 12:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...'mini' ravioli.... ;D.....nuke and eat...MMMmm...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I like "Uh oh, Spaghetti-Os".
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 31, 2014, 12:42:29 PM

me too........and Beefaroni...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 31, 2014, 12:45:02 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on October 31, 2014, 12:42:29 PM

me too........and Beefaroni...... ;D

I always liked the spaghetti and meatball.  There used to be 8 meatballs in the CBRD. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Bushkill

Being born in Italy, those items were forever banned from our home by my mother the minute we got off the plane at JFK. There was never a Sunday when there wasn't a pot of sauce on the stove.

Mugwump

Quote from: Bushkill on October 31, 2014, 02:12:35 PM
Being born in Italy, those items were forever banned from our home by my mother the minute we got off the plane at JFK. There was never a Sunday when there wasn't a pot of sauce on the stove.

When I was a young lad, we lived down in Granville, Ill. My folks were renting from the Capatani's...Mrs 'Cap' took us all under her wing and would invite us over from time to time for homemade ravioli cooked in chicken broth, hot fresh bread and some of Mr. 'Cap's homemade chianta made with grapes on their good size property....on occasion that good homemade spaghetti from scratch....even the spaghetti....the sauce you could smell for miles, the meat balls were big as a man's fist.....oh those days of holding my belly from eating too much....but it was good.....she had goats too, and baked using goats milk......her leftover bread dough she would fry for just me.. ;D..(and Mr. 'Cap')...and fry it, then cover in grated cheese....then me (about 6 ) and Mr 'Cap' would chow on it while having a glass of his wine......LOLOLOL......or me and Mrs 'Cap' would sit on a bench by her apple tree, next to an old water pump...and eat the fried bread and drink Mr, 'Caps' wine........when my Mom first found out she wasn't pleased..but Mrs, 'Cap' just smiled and fed her fried bread, and some wine.....all was well.....LOL....I miss Mrs, 'Cap'....she traveled to California when she heard that I was going over seas....I went to her daughter's house and she made fried bread and we drank wine.....it's a fond memory of a lovely person.... ;D
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Bushkill on October 31, 2014, 02:12:35 PM

Oh yeah. Home made gravy. And meatballs. And Grandpas home made sausage. And home made pasta, hand rolled. Beef Braciole yum yum.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Bushkill

About the same here. Our landlords were the DiClemente family. Mrs. D was a stay-at-home and made fresh pasta and ravioli in the basement all the time. The "men-folk" made their own wine in the fall too. Good times!

A few years ago, I bought myself a Christmas present: a pasta machine. Generous with my bad self, eh!

Nothing special, just one of those hand-cranked little machines that rolls out dough to a nice uniform thickness and even cuts it into strips of linguini.

We also make fresh ravioli fillings too.

Killer stuff.

With the girls on their own and Mike in his last college year, the holidays turn into a true "Eat-a-thon" and we get everybody into the act making fresh pasta and ravioli for at least one of the holiday meals.

You can build new traditions and memories with the simplest things.