• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 694
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 705
Total: 706

it finally happened

Started by greydragon, July 03, 2013, 08:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greydragon

well this morning i looked into one of my pleco caves and saw eggs for the first time ever am so happy.I lost one of the females that i got from Lord Mugwump but the other female laid eggs this morning or last night.they have been enjoying fresh garden grown zuccini and i am going to ry summer squash now i just cant wait to see the babies swimming around the tank.will be moving the cave to a 10 gal so that the angels dont pick on the little ones
;D ;D ;D

Mugwump

Super!!!!...soon they'll be all over the place....LOL....remember that Dad will tend them for what seems like forever...but eventually he'll let em go....let the algae grow in that ten gallon, it'll be foraging food for the fry.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That's an exciting event.  Best of luck with them.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

greydragon

the bad thing is none of my tanks have any algae growing so i hope they will go to fresh vegies

Owl307

Quote from: greydragon on July 03, 2013, 10:13:58 AM
the bad thing is none of my tanks have any algae growing so i hope they will go to fresh vegies

LOL! Most people complain that they have algae! Your complaining that you dont! Lol thats when we know your a true fish lover :)
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

b125killer

That's great, You do know once they start breeding you can't get them to stop ;D.  Not that it's a bad thing. It's hard to grow nice green algae. I finally have a piece of wood that's getting covered with it. Now brown algae I have no problem growing. It's a good thing my plecos don't seem to mind what color the algae is.
Scott

Mugwump

In a ten gal, use the incandescent bulbs, old style hood/lamp...grows like crazy...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

at what age can you tell who is albino and who is common?
my eggs just hatched today am so happy (dad knocked a few out of the cave so i put them into an egg tumbler that i have and i see babys with a huge egg sack)

Mugwump

When they're free swimming, you won't have any trouble telling them apart.....Albino's are light, Std's are dark....
Jon

greydragon

its just they hatched today and i was just wondering they are so cute

Mugwump

Shine a flashlight into the cave....and yep, little BN's are all tail and wiggle... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

So how are those babies??....all over the glass yet...LOL...tap the tank side and you'll see em all jump a bit.....
Jon

greydragon

dad has been letting the kids out even ones that had a huge egg sack he let out but yes there are about 30 babies all over the tank but dad is still in the cave and i havent seen the kids eat anything yet havent even seen them on the food as of yet starting to get abit worried

Mugwump

Right now they're likely feeding on algae, and microbes, etc...and using the last of the eggs sac..they'll even suck on the sponge...
Jon

b125killer

don't worry the fry can survive on algae. I found out that they are easy to overfeed. They are stupid and will eat themselves to death. Your pleco daddy must feel secure to let them out that young. I have a male that will keep the fry in there cave until they outgrow the cave or I pull the cave and knock them out. 
Scott