• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 721
Total: 721

Angelfish winter projects???

Started by Mugwump, November 25, 2015, 09:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..so what's everybody got going on for the winter??....breeding anything different?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The only thing I will have going on different is the Mana x breeding unless those Blue Marbles begin to pair off. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 25, 2015, 12:03:51 PM
The only thing I will have going on different is the Mana x breeding unless those Blue Marbles begin to pair off. mim

If the blue marbles pair odd, let me know....I might be interested in some fry back to cross...

I'll have some special koi fry for you in a month, or so.....that'll give you the crosses that we were looking for...matter of fact...special koi from two different line pairs... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|....you'll be pleased  w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 25, 2015, 12:09:52 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 25, 2015, 12:03:51 PM

If the blue marbles pair odd, let me know....I might be interested in some fry back to cross...

I'll have some special koi fry for you in a month, or so.....that'll give you the crosses that we were looking for...matter of fact...special koi from two different line pairs... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|....you'll be pleased  w!w

That sounds great. I will let you know as soon as something happens. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

I'll be working on getting blue into the Half Blacks.  Blue Silver Half black crosses are almost breeding age.  God only knows how long before this project reaches fruition.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 25, 2015, 02:50:55 PM
I'll be working on getting blue into the Half Blacks.  Blue Silver Half black crosses are almost breeding age.  God only knows how long before this project reaches fruition.

..but you're at the point where you can breed these soon....then select and adjust the new lines..the fun part  ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Jon, what would you do, breed sib to sib and hope that some turn or breed back to HB and hope I don't loose the Blue gene in the process?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 25, 2015, 03:03:13 PM
Jon, what would you do, breed sib to sib and hope that some turn or breed back to HB and hope I don't loose the Blue gene in the process?

..breed the siblings and lock the genetics...then go back to a 'het' PB half black parent....and start another line..that'll give you strong stock to work with...

You may need to breed several fry tho to select for the best HB expression....the pb will lock in well....HB??....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thank for the advice.  I have 8 of the crosses so  I should get at least 2 pairs from them.  Locking in the blue will be the easy part.  Getting the HB expression will be the hard part.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 25, 2015, 03:27:23 PM
Thank for the advice.  I have 8 of the crosses so  I should get at least 2 pairs from them.  Locking in the blue will be the easy part.  Getting the HB expression will be the hard part.

Yup....the pb will be fine...the best HB expression is there 'look and see' part.....you'll do fine...
Jon

wsantia1

So I have the following set up as of today:

1 Pair of Plats - Het Albino, Het PS.
1 Pair or Plats - PS (From Liz)
1 Pair Mana X (a generation removed from Jon),
1 Pair Koi (Ed & Jon).

This will keep me busy for a while. |^| |^| |^| With the Plats from Liz, if they don't get it right this time I will substitute my main Het Albino, Het PS Male for the Big PS Male. He's a little  bit older but he is still chasing. It is what I wanted to do in the first place. huh
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 25, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

1 Pair Koi (Ed & Jon). Spawned

This will keep me busy for a while. |^| |^| |^| With the Plats from Liz, if they don't get it right this time I will substitute my main Het Albino, Het PS Male for the Big PS Male. He's a little  bit older but he is still chasing. It is what I wanted to do in the first place. huh

Well the Koi have spawned since I last posted. Of course I will be out of town for the next few days. I hope they don't get too hungry before I get back. These guys are ok at parent raising but they do eat their spawns on occasion. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 25, 2015, 06:15:32 PM

Well the Koi have spawned since I last posted. Of course I will be out of town for the next few days. I hope they don't get too hungry before I get back. These guys are ok at parent raising but they do eat their spawns on occasion. huh

cool....good luck.. w!w
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 25, 2015, 06:22:17 PM

cool....good luck.. w!w

Thanks. I'll leave the blue light on for them. w!w w!w w!w
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 25, 2015, 06:24:08 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 25, 2015, 06:22:17 PM

cool....good luck.. w!w

Thanks. I'll leave the blue light on for them. w!w w!w w!w

Bingo !...that should be plenty...+1
Jon