• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 923
  • Online ever: 923
  • (Today at 02:16:46 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 925
Total: 925

Shipping

Started by LizStreithorst, January 01, 2015, 03:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

We'll be safe from holiday shipping dealys on Monday.  I'm looking forward to it.  I'll be sending out 2 boxes and hope to have a few boxes enroute to me.  I'll be concerned about the pair going to the Josh who is not our Josh.  He's in IL and shipping to IL sometimes takes 3 days.  If they croak during transit I don't have a pair of equal quality to replace them with. 

It's always the most important shipments that go south.  It's a fact of life.  Keep your fingers crossed for this one.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

It'll go fine, but perhaps you'd better check temps up here first.. :o...it's calling for around zero +/- , the heat packs fail if they get too cold, .......if he's that anxious, you might suggest he go with overnight shipping, or wait maybe til the following week????......better safe than sorry with those below zero temps......they're a death sentence... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm going to ship to him Monday as I'd promised when he bought them in early December.  The deal was that the fish would go Priority.  I'm not going to aske him to pay more fir shiping to get them sooner, and I'm not willing to pay the extra cost.

The Hansie box is snug and holds heat well.  I shall will the heat pack not to fail.  Everything will be fine.  Just keep your fingers crossed for them.  It can't hurt and might help :-\

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 01, 2015, 03:59:02 PM
I'm going to ship to him Monday as I'd promised when he bought them in early December.  The deal was that the fish would go Priority.  I'm not going to aske him to pay more fir shiping to get them sooner, and I'm not willing to pay the extra cost.

The Hansie box is snug and holds heat well.  I shall will the heat pack not to fail.  Everything will be fine.  Just keep your fingers crossed for them.  It can't hurt and might help :-\

So be it..........I'll keep my fingers crossed... ;D....we'll will it there together.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Don't start crossing and willing yet.  Ed reminded that you said it would be safe by the second week in Jan, not the first ::)  Greydragon is cool with it.  Poor Josh who is not our Josh paid for the fish a month ago and has been patiently waiting ever since.  The quality of the fish and the fact that they parent raise will make up for the long wait.