• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 06:36:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

Thurs stuff

Started by Mugwump, January 04, 2018, 11:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....been a slooooow day here so far.......highlighted by a big bowl of chicken noodle soup and a brief nap...... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Not much here either. By greatest thrill of the year is to notice the first tiny invasion of the Cedar Wax Wings.  They brought a small flock of Robins with them.  They choose to pick clean a youngish female holly before they moved on.  I have two more female hollies.  I can't wait until the next two invasions come.  Each migrating group is larger and hungrier but they always just pick a single tree clean and leave the others.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

I wish we had those here Liz, where are they heading next, since you live so far South?  Florida? 

LizStreithorst

You should have them.  They are all over north and central America.  They're migratory.  They breed in Canada.  I figure they're moving north from here but I might be wrong.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 04, 2018, 03:54:33 PM
You should have them.  They are all over north and central America.  They're migratory.  They breed in Canada.  I figure they're moving north from here but I might be wrong.

..too cold for them to move up here yet....?????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...fish folk just left.............almost time to go read for a spell..... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

...got the taters cleaned this morning...then went to the hardware to get some 1/4" tubing to run under the house and silicon to seal the holes around the tubing...got back in time to help serve the meal...

...sitting here inside, saw a dog come up on the patio...I went out and she was a quiet loveable old gal who was a little bit stand-offish...so I approached her slowly...she was collared and leashed and had current rabies tags...she took to me ok and we brought her on up on the deck and decided to walk her around looking for her humans...she was leash trained well and very calm...her owners were out looking for her and we met up with them...they just got here 3 days ago so the old gal hadn't gotten to know the area yet...owners were nice and appreciative...we chatted awhile and gave "Oreo" a treat so that if she gets loose again she may find here way back here and we can get her to her humans...the guy wanted to get me a bottle of my favorite booze, but I told him we don't roll that way here... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron