• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 07:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 640
Total: 640

The Seeker.

Started by Frank The Plumber, August 01, 2013, 10:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank The Plumber

H
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

shatanka

wow Frank, that is so beautiful! i will always look at hawks with this poem's thoughts in mind now. thank you for posting this! sending it on to my daughter who is studying to be a wildlife conservationist/ecologist. she will really appreciate this too.
i tried to look up U'Naille- came up with ancient king of Ireland. can't find much more though. can you elaborate? thanks so much.

Frank The Plumber

U'Naille is the unifying King of the ancient Celts. The crest of U'Naille is a hand and the sea with a fish which represents his story. He was a young warrior whom served a King of Norse decent. From the war boats The King declared that He whom touched the shore first would have the hand of his beautiful daughter and be King of the new lands they were about to conquest. U'Naille severed his hand and tossed it upon the shore and went into battle  leading his warriors.  He went on to become a powerful unifier of the Celts. The first recognized King of Ireland.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Before a great plunder upon a village the King U'Naille would amass his Huscarls and Johms Vikings. The King would mix a batch of war woad from the bark of the war tree and paint his mens faces in the bright blue woad war colors. All of the Kelts and Kerns would amass and join in the ramp up in vigor towards the coming battle. A great frenzy was achieved and the warriors drank their fill of hot beers ales and whiskey so that when struck a dire blow all pain would be absent.

The mixture of the great war chief was in modern days closest to Harp, Guiness and a floater of hot Jameson's with a hot hen's egg floated on the foam.

Given enough of this mixture the warriors would work themselves into a freny reffered to as a Berserk State of Mind.

One Berserker of U'Naille's Clan held a bridge head for 2 hours against a charge of infantry and archers in the hundreds. His weapons consisted of a landzaxe and a pole axe. After an hour and a half a fancy struck a lucky swing and severed his head from his naked body covered in blue woad war paint. The head fall to the ground spitting and cursing it's fate and the body fought on for another 30 minutes killing another 100 or so fancy's much to the delight of the head. The head screamed " If I hads hands on me tongue I shall help ye my brother, yet mine ears they can not hold the axe level!!!!" "Fight on I shall join ye in Val Halla!!!"
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Yup. They were humble fish keepers.