• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:48:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 504
Total: 504

Saturday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, August 01, 2015, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and it's a good cup too...MMMmmm  ...nothing planned....so putz'n it will be.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Little bit of work for me today. I must say I do enjoy working at the pet store. It's the only place that actually pays me to talk about fish. And I show off my fish any chance I get. On the down side I have really been thinking hard about a reef tank. I'm starting to understand them better. I've always had a basic understanding, but know it's starting to be a itch that's hard to ignore.  After that I'll come home and watch the fry. They just don't seem to want to get off the bottom yet.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on August 01, 2015, 06:33:50 AM
Little bit of work for me today. I must say I do enjoy working at the pet store. It's the only place that actually pays me to talk about fish. And I show off my fish any chance I get. On the down side I have really been thinking hard about a reef tank. I'm starting to understand them better. I've always had a basic understanding, but know it's starting to be a itch that's hard to ignore.  After that I'll come home and watch the fry. They just don't seem to want to get off the bottom yet.

What days/hours do they have you working?....does the fry tank have a painted bottom?...have you tried 'poof'n' them up a bit?....sadly, they may just be sliders..... :'(
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I work Tuesday night from 6 to 8 then Saturday 8 to 1, Sunday 1 to 6. I'm not sure if he's going to keep the hours the same, So far he has. It's almost a shame he couldn't afford to give me real pay. I would consider quitting my day job. But it's okay the way it is now.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on August 01, 2015, 07:13:33 AM
I work Tuesday night from 6 to 8 then Saturday 8 to 1, Sunday 1 to 6. I'm not sure if he's going to keep the hours the same, So far he has. It's almost a shame he couldn't afford to give me real pay. I would consider quitting my day job. But it's okay the way it is now.

Cool, we may bop in on you one of these days.... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 01, 2015, 06:24:15 AM
...and it's a good cup too...MMMmmm  ...nothing planned....so putz'n it will be.... ;D

Coffee very good today. Some W/Cs today but I am already off to a slow start. ??? Have to clean off my deck first. The Canadian Geese dive bombed it. >:( This is the first time they did that. I sure hope they don't make it a habit. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Seems like I've been catching up a lot of loose ends this past week. Still have some to go. One guy in the hood has called and wants to go after the park manager because he thinks he's paying for the electricity for 11 years for a lamp post that he thinks his neighbor should be paying for. I'm the president of our homeowners association so I'm his ear sometimes. He's like Don Quixote, always charging at the windmill. After talking with the manager about the situation and understanding it objectively, I'm going to go visit him today and try to get him calmed down. I think he's close to 90 years old and still real active.

Living in a 55+ community is a barrel of laughs sometimes!!!!

Time for my first cup.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 01, 2015, 09:18:21 AM
Seems like I've been catching up a lot of loose ends this past week. Still have some to go. One guy in the hood has called and wants to go after the park manager because he thinks he's paying for the electricity for 11 years for a lamp post that he thinks his neighbor should be paying for. I'm the president of our homeowners association so I'm his ear sometimes. He's like Don Quixote, always charging at the windmill. After talking with the manager about the situation and understanding it objectively, I'm going to go visit him today and try to get him calmed down. I think he's close to 90 years old and still real active.

Time for my first cup.

LOL.....flip his main and see if it goes off.....betcha it don't.... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

I'm finding that out. ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 01, 2015, 09:48:16 AM

I'm finding that out. ???

.....he he....I'll bet............. ;D....start a journal... ;D
Jon