• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 04:01:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 725
Total: 725

Saturday chill vs hot coffee

Started by Mugwump, September 13, 2014, 05:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Saturday morn'n and it's 36 deg's outside...LOL....might go sledding later??..surely it'll snow too???...but the coffee is good, and we popped the heat on to take any chill off the house/birds..it was cool in here this AM....heat's off for now tho.....it stinks going from air to heat...sheesh....but stable house temps keep everyone healthier......I'm still holding out for those 70deg days when we can just open up the windows and enjoy the fresh air.........the fish room windows get opened every day regardless of the temps.....I just adjust for how long.... ;D.....zero outside, about 5 minutes, 80-90degs..about 5 minutes.........70's..all day long  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Mornin' Jon.  It's 54?F here and it feels glorious.  I love fall, my favorite time of the year.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 13, 2014, 06:16:47 AM
Mornin' Jon.  It's 54?F here and it feels glorious.  I love fall, my favorite time of the year.

Dennis

Me too, I love the fall...cooler and drier temps......it'll be in the upper 50's here today, and hopefully sunny out there...... ;D......good fish room air out weather.. ;D....Making a pot of chili later too...MMMMmmmmmm....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

It's 45 here this morning at 8:30 a.m.  Doug's crying the blues....I love this weather.  ::)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on September 13, 2014, 07:25:01 AM
It's 45 here this morning at 8:30 a.m.  Doug's crying the blues....I love this weather.  ::)

I'm with Doug on this one. :o ??? ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

38 here now, as I'm waking up.  :(
Doug and I see these things thu similar eyes!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

LOL...I remember when my Dad, brother, and I would go hunting in the fall.....cool, crisp mornings and sunny warmer afternoons.....great times, and the hills and woods were beautiful....  ;D and yes, we ate what we shot......squirrel, rabbit, pheasant....then duck, and Canada geese.....yum...pheasant marinaded in red wine, then roasted with orange marmalade rubbed on....MMMmmmm..fried rabbit and fried squirrel....MMMmm....good eating folks......haven't been hunting in years...but still like those fall walks  ;D

I might add that it's up to 50deg's already... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 13, 2014, 10:20:12 AM
LOL...I remember when my Dad, brother, and I would go hunting in the fall.....cool, crisp mornings and sunny warmer afternoons.....great times, and the hills and woods were beautiful....  ;D and yes, we ate what we shot......squirrel, rabbit, pheasant....then duck, and Canada geese.....yum...pheasant marinaded in red wine, then roasted with orange marmalade rubbed on....MMMmmmm..fried rabbit and fried squirrel....MMMmm....good eating folks......haven't been hunting in years...but still like those fall walks  ;D

I might add that it's up to 50deg's already... ;D

This brings back some good ol' memories!  ;D  Rabbit, squirrel and bobwhite quail were my hunts. Loved the sound of the beagles baying on the scent of a rabbit!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Little update............calling for patchy frost tonight...........huh?...what's with that?...yikers, it's September for cry'n out loud..... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 13, 2014, 04:59:37 PM
Little update............calling for patchy frost tonight...........huh?...what's with that?...yikers, it's September for cry'n out loud..... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I told you not to call for that kind of stuff. ::) It will be snowing soon in No. Illinois :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 13, 2014, 05:06:19 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 13, 2014, 04:59:37 PM

I told you not to call for that kind of stuff. ::) It will be snowing soon in No. Illinois :o

Jon