• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

Saturday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, September 16, 2017, 06:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....coffee's great |^|...had a hard time roll'n out of bed this AM......the bed just felt good...

...a muggy 63 at the moment, and we'll see a high in the upper 80's.....90 huh

....just putz'n for us today.....maybe an errand?......regardless, I need more coffee..... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

....is great once again. Another great weather day on tap with sunny skies & temps topping oput at 82 degrees.

Nothing on tap yet so I will make a few phone call later on and see what I can get into, lol.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 16, 2017, 06:55:07 AM
....is great once again. Another great weather day on tap with sunny skies & temps topping oput at 82 degrees.

Nothing on tap yet so I will make a few phone call later on and see what I can get into, lol.

.....I'm sure you can find someone....... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...water changes and putz'n finished ....might go scalp the big bush on the corner of the house?.....tho I'll likely do it in the moen'n when it's much cooler... huh

......moved some fry around and Jan planted the two sword plants that we got from Scott/Joanie....they look real nice in the tanks....I'll grab some pics wgen the water clears up more.. |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Work was good enough but 2 of the three dogs were butt heads. The owners know.  The Yorkie owner whose dog will not allow me to nick out the corners of his eyes and fights with front legs asked me if poodles were easy to groom since I was blow drying one when he picked up.  I told him that Yorkie's are generally a piece of cake and groomers say that Poodles were bred to be groomed but that this one was not.  When the Poodle's owner picked up I asked her if she grabbed him by the muzzle when she punished him.  She said, "No, never!"  I cannot restrain him by the muzzle to scissor a decent top knot.  I have to do it from behind.   She said that she had tried, too and that it's simply impossible.  Most dogs figure after a grooming or two that if they are good on the table the job will be easier and go faster.  The dog and I both win!  I still have hopes for the Yorkie.  The Poodle will never change.  My carpenter's grandson's dog is a maltipoo.  Malti-Poos mat in a big way and I've had to shave this little dog down before.  It's a tiny little thing and looks like shit shaved down.  They bring it in now before it gets to that point.  It's not a terribly hard job brushing her out thanks to my wonderful products.  Neither is it a piece of cake.  She tolerates it extremely and always looks perfect when I send her home.

Yesterday was a good day for Cha Cha and today today was a bad way.  She has been frantic.  I took off the e-collars.  They were starting to irritate the skin behind her ears. I took the flat e-collar off and propped the cone up with three normal dog collars behind it.  It shouldn't rub on the skin like the flat collar did.  Right now she's sleeping, thank God.  I hope tomorrow goes better.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...this is way later than morning coffee chat...but here goes anyway...

...the day started with a couple guys stopping by while we sat out on the deck. I was reading the paper and Lucy was checking FB and having coffee...

..finally, after they left, we got our stuff together and went over and painted the bath and kitchen in the new purchase...done....

...it only took a few hours but we're both beat!...so much so that I didn't feel like cooking OR going out to dinner....crackers, cheese and orange marmalade for me  |eat| |eat| |eat| and cereal for Lucy!... |eat| |eat|

...once we got home and were just vegging a couple stopped by for a visit before we ate...we enjoyed the visit...

...then tonight I opened FB and found that I have my first order for Cholla wood from a pet store in Seattle area!!...

FULL DAY!  8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron