• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 03:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 543
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 524
Total: 524

Pork Chops....

Started by Mugwump, December 27, 2015, 03:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...tonight...neither of us have been feeling all that good the last few days.....just hitting the fluids and napping...kinda....so I just tossed the chops in the oven and we'll make a sandwich with some nice rolls we had picked up the other day.....then back to serious chill'n......blah.....

maybe chicken broth or coco....? later ...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Sorry you guys got the crud.  It cannot be cured.  It has to run it's course.  Good homemade chicken soup is better than drugs.  A few shots of a good brandy (some people think any whiskey but I think that Brandy works best).  Alas, you are a non-drinker w!w mim
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 27, 2015, 03:32:17 PM
Sorry you guys got the crud.  It cannot be cured.  It has to run it's course.  Good homemade chicken soup is better than drugs.  A few shots of a good brandy (some people think any whiskey but I think that Brandy works best).  Alas, you are a non-drinker w!w mim

We have plenty of chicken broth  ;D....warms the tummy, helps clear the head, and helps you sleep better too.....good stuff ...it's a good thing that we had our flu shots as the lessen the symptoms a bunch....

It's made it's way through part of the family, but I guess someone might have still been a carrier ??....they had it awful bad too....us? it's not nearly as bad, it's more like a bit of a head/chest cold....etc...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Sorry to hear you and Jan have it.  It has been with me a full week now.  But today I do feel better, just a cough and coughing up stuff now.  But I was bad for several days.  Bill has had it almost 2 weeks, but he isn't as healthy as I am.  I do hope you don't get it too bad Jon. 
Barb

BallAquatics

Hope you and Jan get to feeling better.  Nice spicy chicken tamales here.....  I love spicy food, need to make a Chinese run and get some of their curry.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 27, 2015, 06:02:38 PM
Hope you and Jan get to feeling better.  Nice spicy chicken tamales here.....  I love spicy food, need to make a Chinese run and get some of their curry.

Dennis

...don't forget their great mustard !!....love the stuff...MMMmmm
Jon

LizStreithorst

I ate like a pig yesterday.  Today I wasn't much on food untill my body told me that I had to eat.  I started with brie cheese on crackers and then wanted bacon.  The bacon was perfect.  The brie was fair.  Once a time, years ago, we used to have a good cheese monger in town.  No no longer huh.

If that Chinese mustard won't clear your stuffed up head nothing will.  Perhaps you should get some take out as well, Mugs.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 27, 2015, 06:12:53 PM
.....Perhaps you should get some take out as well, Mugs.

That's what I was thinking too!   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 27, 2015, 06:17:14 PM
.....Perhaps you should get some take out as well, Mugs.

That's what I was thinking too!   |^|

Dennis

I ate like a pig yesterday.  Today I wasn't much on food untill my body told me that I had to eat.  I started with brie cheese on crackers and then wanted bacon.  The bacon was perfect.  The brie was fair.  Once a time, years ago, we used to have a good cheese monger in town.  No no longer huh.

If that Chinese mustard won't clear your stuffed up head nothing will.  Perhaps you should get some take out as well, Mugs.

I grab extra every time we hit 'Happy Wok'.....good on sandwiches too... |^|.....scrambled eggs...MMMmm
Jon

Rjb3

We had friends from Wis. Rapids call ahead that they were passing through on their way to Chicago. We got together with them and ate pizza. Nice folks. You all would like them.

Ron Sower

Jon...you 2 get well quick!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 28, 2015, 11:01:59 AM
Jon...you 2 get well quick!

Thanks......we're trying to....I think we both feel a bit better today, late afternoon/night time will tell the story tho.....like most bugs, they always return a bit towards the evening for some reason...??
Jon

LizStreithorst

Did you go for takie outie with hot mustard and NyQuil?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 28, 2015, 12:09:46 PM
Did you go for takie outie with hot mustard and NyQuil?

No M'am.....
Jon