• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 08:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 534
Total: 534

Cauliflower?..roast the whole thing..

Started by Mugwump, January 25, 2014, 05:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower
A PureWow Original Recipe

Makes 6 servings
    Start to Finish: 1 hour

Ingredients

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 head cauliflower

1? cups plain Greek yogurt

1 lime, zested and juiced

2 tablespoons chile powder

1 tablespoon cumin

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon curry powder

2 teaspoons kosher salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 400? and lightly grease a small baking sheet with vegetable oil. Set aside.

2. Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green leaves and the woody stem.

3. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.

4. Dunk the cauliflower into the bowl and use a brush or your hands to smear the marinade evenly over its surface. (Excess marinade can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days and used with meat, fish or other veggies.)

5. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes. The marinade will make a crust on the surface of the cauliflower.

6. Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges and serving alongside a big green salad.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I can't wait to make this.  It looks and sounds like a work of art.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It looks fit for a king but it's still a side dish.  What protein would you pair it with?  I'm thinking a pork tenderloin with a mild sauce.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 25, 2014, 06:13:03 PM
It looks fit for a king but it's still a side dish.  What protein would you pair it with?  I'm thinking a pork tenderloin with a mild sauce.

Perfect with Lamb and mint jelly....but we don't eat much lamb here....most likely a nice meat loaf...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

For us tonight BBQ pork chops on the grill (yes it was that nice out today), Macaroni and cheese, Steamed fresh green beans and apple pie for desert....  oh smell that a cooking. Yum Yum...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

LOL...tonight was..find what you like....LOL...tomorrow Pork roast and sauerkraut, mashers, etc....
Jon

ilroost

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on January 25, 2014, 08:51:39 PM
Cornish hens and baked potato's tonite

Yum....we like those too...stuffed with dried fruits,breading and raisins....MMMMmmmm
Jon

ilroost

That sounds good. I just put lemon pepper on them and bake them. keep basting in butter

BallAquatics

That does look tasty.....  Too busy watching HP to cook, we had spinach, mushroom & garlic pizza.

Dennis